Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Lancer Ralliart and every now and then, on the colder mornings, my battery is completely dead. I have a 1000watt amp in the car for my subwoofers (With a large capacitor), a viper 5901 remote starter, and HID's on my highs/lows. I had the battery tested at an autozone and they said it was fine. Could it be that I just need a higher capacity Alternator? Or could it still be that the battery just cant hold a charge?

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
shouldn't be the alternator. failing on cold starts are usually a battery problem. if you drove the car to the parts store and had them test it, it'd probably test fine. but if it sat for a few hours, that might change

did you do any wiring recently? gauges or speakers or something? might have messed it up and added some parasitic drain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the response. I had a viper 5901 installed, that was the latest thing installed. But according to the manufacturer, it only draws a tiny amount of power. SOmething in the low mA range....The amp I have turns off with the car as well

shouldn't be the alternator. failing on cold starts are usually a battery problem. if you drove the car to the parts store and had them test it, it'd probably test fine. but if it sat for a few hours, that might change

did you do any wiring recently? gauges or speakers or something? might have messed it up and added some parasitic drain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts