Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
39F4094B-EEE5-4712-97D2-0C77992AB2CA.jpeg
Hey Everyone this is my onyx black 2011 evo x mr. completely bone stock sitting at 67k. Bone stock did the 60 k fluid changes she is spoiled well maintained and never tracked. I’ve got a love hate relationship with this car. I worked my butt off like everyone else to obtain my dream car. Got this car in the summer of 2018. I live in a small town in South Carolina. 2 hours from Charleston and Columbia. So finding a dyno tuner is rough. Just like everyone else I got the car for its potential for power. Now I’m used to the car and I wanna go fast I want mo powwwaaa baby. But so scared to put anything to push this sst.I have seriously modest goals I want 400atw hp as much torque as I can get without worrying about sst problems down the road. I’ve looked at Cobb ots performance packages ams performance packages and ETS performance packages. And honestly I’ve done research and I just don’t know. My brother has a 400 hp evo x gsr that’s currently down for a couple of reasons. But has advised me not to pursue power until the tranny is either upgraded which living in sc I don’t even know where to start shelling out money to even get the ball rolling. Mechanics out here don’t even know what a evo is. They’ll procharger a mustang but don’t have a clue when it comes to awd 4 cylinder god. So basically I just want a reliable compromise between power and not crying 2 months from now I wanna dd which is maybe 50 miles a week. I wanna have aem Gauges and making 400 hp reliably. So I either wanna upgrade the tranny tear it out and send it to kosmic or just sell the evo x and move on before I pour tons of money into it and just be disappointed. I’ve seriously gotten to the point where I could sell the car get a manual 350z and I understand it is what it is and have the burden of a sst behind me. Any thoughts or ideas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im in Charleston, yea no tuners here. Get the SST built...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
View attachment 286475 Hey Everyone this is my onyx black 2011 evo x mr. completely bone stock sitting at 67k. Bone stock did the 60 k fluid changes she is spoiled well maintained and never tracked. I’ve got a love hate relationship with this car. I worked my butt off like everyone else to obtain my dream car. Got this car in the summer of 2018. I live in a small town in South Carolina. 2 hours from Charleston and Columbia. So finding a dyno tuner is rough. Just like everyone else I got the car for its potential for power. Now I’m used to the car and I wanna go fast I want mo powwwaaa baby. But so scared to put anything to push this sst.I have seriously modest goals I want 400atw hp as much torque as I can get without worrying about sst problems down the road. I’ve looked at Cobb ots performance packages ams performance packages and ETS performance packages. And honestly I’ve done research and I just don’t know. My brother has a 400 hp evo x gsr that’s currently down for a couple of reasons. But has advised me not to pursue power until the tranny is either upgraded which living in sc I don’t even know where to start shelling out money to even get the ball rolling. Mechanics out here don’t even know what a evo is. They’ll procharger a mustang but don’t have a clue when it comes to awd 4 cylinder god. So basically I just want a reliable compromise between power and not crying 2 months from now I wanna dd which is maybe 50 miles a week. I wanna have aem Gauges and making 400 hp reliably. So I either wanna upgrade the tranny tear it out and send it to kosmic or just sell the evo x and move on before I pour tons of money into it and just be disappointed. I’ve seriously gotten to the point where I could sell the car get a manual 350z and I understand it is what it is and have the burden of a sst behind me. Any thoughts or ideas.
Show zone but I’m getting with a e tuner Chet randerman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive known Show Zone for 20+yrs, Nope not a tuner, just show car stuff.... Ill go else where..

·
Registered
25 Posts
you can get 400whp and tq on the SST without breaking it. Upgrade your fuel injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, boost controller, get some gauges for boost and air/fuel and if you want get a flex fuel kit. A tune on e85 should be putting you right around 400 i believe on the stock turbo. You could upgrade that turbo too to get there easier. The tranny should be able to handle it...ive been over 400whp since 2009 (the car has 106k) and the tranny doesnt slip or act funny.

·
Registered
12 Posts
you can get 400whp and tq on the SST without breaking it. Upgrade your fuel injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, boost controller, get some gauges for boost and air/fuel and if you want get a flex fuel kit. A tune on e85 should be putting you right around 400 i believe on the stock turbo. You could upgrade that turbo too to get there easier. The tranny should be able to handle it...ive been over 400whp since 2009 (the car has 106k) and the tranny doesnt slip or act funny.
Hi Jonhix,

Mine recently got funky right around 100k and I have to replace. I did tune it around 60k, did some Auto-X events, but nothing too hard. Is there anything you have done to keep it without slipping? More current Diaqueen changes? Transmission Oil Cooler? Not track it? Car has around 300whp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I am currently having to rebuild my transmission, done by SSP, and it is about 4k due to labor. If possible you can save some significant cash if you can pull it yourselves and upgrade it.

Certainly I concern I always had when modding mine. I figured that I drive the current SST until it happens, then upgrade it then.

Good luck with the build. Take pics and share your build if possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Jonhix,

Mine recently got funky right around 100k and I have to replace. I did tune it around 60k, did some Auto-X events, but nothing too hard. Is there anything you have done to keep it without slipping? More current Diaqueen changes? Transmission Oil Cooler? Not track it? Car has around 300whp.
Nothing special really. I have changed the tranny fluid about every 30k miles. I haven't Auto-X the car but my wife drives it like she stole it. I've had good luck with it. It's not a matter of if...but when it breaks I am going to rebuild as well. Probably with Kozmic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts