Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and nothing came up. I bought a 2011 Lancer GTS, and well the mod bug has bitten me. I'm looking to mod my car, but it still needs to be reliable as its my only car. What I'm asking is, what suspension set up are you running or recommend? Sorry if this has been posted before, but like I said, I did a search, but nothing came up.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Meagan Racing Street Coilover Kit is like 800...

These are cheapies, but there are several options for suspension out there. What are your goals? Just to lower? Or handling, etc?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to lower it, nothing to crazy. It is my only car, so it still needs to be able to be driven on a daily basis.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm happy with my Eibach ProKit. I'm not sure what reliability issues the GTS would have with a ~1" drop? Just make sure you get an alignment afterwards. I've posted pics here if you want to see what the drop looks like on stock 18's and also aftermarket 19's.

I have said this before on other forums, IMO dollar for dollar it is the best performance mod for the NA Lancers. You could spend $300 on an intake and exhaust but your car is not really going to be much quicker, if at all. The money spent on springs will definitely help your car in the corners. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Car looks good. If the exhaust does not do much, then I may just get the EVOX stock exhaust. Any issues with putting that on you're car?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks. Car looks good. If the exhaust does not do much, then I may just get the EVOX stock exhaust. Any issues with putting that on you're car?
No issues, I got one for a couple hundred used one on Ebay, but the the only reason I put the EVO exhaust on was because of the rear bumper swap I did, not really for performance.

Here is a side view of the Eibach drop with stock 18's.

Front: 1.2 in
Rear: 0.8 in

Anyways, goodluck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No issues, I got one for a couple hundred used one on Ebay, but the the only reason I put the EVO exhaust on was because of the rear bumper swap I did, not really for performance.

Here is a side view of the Eibach drop with stock 18's.

Front: 1.2 in
Rear: 0.8 in

Anyways, goodluck!

Yeah, I was thinking on getting the RA bumper, but I'm not sure if I wanna or not.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I actually have my Stock 09 RA Exhaust for sale. I'm also local if you're interested. :shades:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
If its just to lower it, def go with springs...many Evo's run Swifts...I have Progress on mine...i have had H+R on a Benzo...they were fine

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mr. Badass, Our car is Designed with/for a front end Rake... You should not have the front lower than the back.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mr. Badass, Our car is Designed with/for a front end Rake... You should not have the front lower than the back.
Mr. Jazzberg, that is how Eibach designed the springs. Send them your letter of complaint. Personally, I think the small difference is negligible but nevertheless makes the stance look good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts