Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Thanks everyone for the input and info!! Just thought I'd post this for anyone else looking for front axles on their Ralliart. I took the chance and ordered aftermarket EVO MR front axles from O驶Reillys. They had free 2 day shipping to Hawaii and free returns to the store, so I wasn't really risking anything except for time.

Pictures below. Some differences between aftermarket and OE, like boots and joint housing. This doesn't affect performance. If anything the aftermarket seem to be built better than OE but idk. In the picture of the passenger side the OE looks longer but it's because my OE were popping out of the joint. I should have taken better pictures. Also of note: As with all aftermarket axles, you may have to pop off the ring on the end depending on application.

Anyway, in the end, as far as I can tell splines and length were compatible with RA and I have not had any issues. And I saved $750 per axle! 馃槅

Original Message:
Sorry if this question has already been answered.

I have a 2011 Ralliart that needs front CV axles. Mitsubishi wants $1000+ each. I am searching aftermarket but I know the parts listings are all wrong. There are only 2 choices... Either says Evolution or Non-Evolution. If you select Non-Evolution then it lists the regular lancer axles which obviously will not work. And of course the guys at the parts store don't know what a Ralliart is.

My question...
Are the EvoX axles compatible with the Ralliart?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but so far my research has found that the wheel hub/bearing is the same on both cars so... maybe the axles are the same??

Light Cylinder Gas Telephone Tints and shades
Automotive tire Camera lens Tire Camera accessory Lens
Drill Audio equipment Gas Auto part Machine

Registered
I can't speak to compatibility but the OEM part numbers are different for the same year MR vs. Ralliart. If you use the part numbers, it looks like they're a couple hundred dollars cheaper online. You'll also see Mitsubishi has rebuild/joint kits available in the parts lists below too, for less than half the cost of a new unit.

LEFT

RIGHT

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks soo much! Very useful information. I didn't even think of rebuilding them. 馃憤

I can't speak to compatibility but the OEM part numbers are different for the same year MR vs. Ralliart. If you use the part numbers, it looks like they're a couple hundred dollars cheaper online. You'll also see Mitsubishi has rebuild/joint kits available in the parts lists below too, for less than half the cost of a new unit.

LEFT

Registered
I can confirm they are NOT the same. RA wheel bearings are 1mm small where the spine goes in, same number of splines. CV's wont work. The Rears don't work as the Diff end is different, the spine side is the same in the rear. RA and EVO use the same rear wheel bearing. thats why when you swap to the Evo 8 or 9 or RA rear diff you use the RA axels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts