Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me crazy.. but do you not find the Subs to be a nice looking car??

I had one behind me on the highway this morning and I couldn't help but appreciate the time that Subaru put into the car.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The new stis to me are like those chicks on MySpace that had "angles" they can be fat or whatever, but they look good in certain angles lulz. Same case for the new subies

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
233 Posts
It looks too big to me. Almost in the same class as a Camry or Legacy, not saying that it is that big but that's how I perceive it.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
You damn canucks. I'm going to slap you with some frog legs if you think that thing is good looking.
The hatch is tolerable. This POS sedan with the hideous spoiler and over extended rear flares is downright ugly.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You damn canucks. I'm going to slap you with some frog legs if you think that thing is good looking.
The hatch is tolerable. This POS sedan with the hideous spoiler and over extended rear flares is downright ugly.
Eh ?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I like it a lot too. Though, I'm a sucker for the hatch. I was so sold on the '08 STi when it came out. Then I saw the Top Gear episode and decided I should at least test drive the X. I drove them back to back (with my wife) and she instantly said NO to the STi lol. After driving the X, it was no comparison. The shifter in that damn Subaru blows too. But yeah, I like them from the outside at least.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The hatch is hideous!!!

Wingless STI sedan would be sexy!

I test drove them when I was considering purchasing a brand new STI or EVO and the STI interior is much nicer, the 6spd much smoother, the stock exhaust much throatier but the Evo seats are much better, it's overall far sexier on the exterior and in just about every format you see EVO putting down faster lap times than STI, plus I previously owned a WRX.

·
Banned
3,990 Posts
i'm a canuck and i agree with this statement.

·
Banned
132 Posts
I would like to "like" them, but seems most owners are queerbags!
last time I went to the track I was making just over 400whp... this guy comes mid way through with a modded 2011 STi.. he didnt even look @ my evo, I had a look at his just to see what was done and really just take a look, I asked a few questions, and he was like this and that ya its all the best stuff, this car is a killer... I walked away, started my evo and as soon as he saw me he shut his hood and ran and started his... I was with a buddy.. I said watch this.. had my warm up lap, sti was up my ass.. then came the straight.. I was gone.. then waited... tryed the coroners LOL even worse I distroyed him.. after one lap I couldnt see him anywhere.. he came off the track a few laps after me and didnt say shit... thought it was funny

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've given an Sti owner a ride in my Evo, and he openly admitted that he made the wrong choice.

but i do think its a sexy ass car, kinda fat from some angles tho...

·
Registered
381 Posts
It looks too big to me. Almost in the same class as a Camry or Legacy, not saying that it is that big but that's how I perceive it.
well its not big if you see one in person. i was actually sold to one, i ordered it but then it took for ever so i got an evo x instead that is readily available in a dealer. my brother in law took the car tho and it is just nice.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
How are you guys saying that the new sti looks too big? Have you seen the size of our evo xs?! Lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Considered buying one but they're slower than the WRX....WTF?
Same concept of the GSR vs MR in some ways.

STi is faster than the WRX but the WRX has a fraction time faster to 100km/h

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Meh.

·
Registered
807 Posts
My cousin bought a 2012 and I've been helping him mod it, its not as fast as the Evo but it looks a lot better in person than it does in pictures. Except the back, I hate the back, looks like a widebodied Camry. Its 100000x better than the hatches though

1 - 20 of 51 Posts