Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
dont know if anyone has posted this up yet, i did see the rumor that they were going to make this, but i confirmed it this mourning. we just got in a 2012 Lancer SE with the 2.4l n/a that comes with 4wd at my dealership. priced at 21k sticker, with heated seats, those 16' wheels the lancers have, and switchable from 2wd, 4wd auto, and 4wd lock.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Something doesnt sound right. So its not AWD? Its 4WD with a lock like you would find on off road trucks... on a normal lancer? Get some pics up when you have a chance. Snap a shot of the inside where you can select 2WD and 4WD. I'll buy this thing and take it rock crawling. haha.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright, i just threw it up in the air to do the PDI on it, looks like they are using the outlander sport awc system (also can switch from 2wd, 4wd auto, 4wd lock). i took some horrible angle shots of it with my phone, will take some of the outside and the interior and post them up in a bit. not the same thing as a ralliart, ralliart has the evo MR and SE awd system. this is a 2.4 liter engine, cvt transmission, with a transfer case and rear diff mounted to it, like i said same as the outlander sports. bear with me a bit, as i am technically at work (lol) and will get pics up as soon as i can. have to do it through my phone since this nazi internet here blocks photobucket etc.

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
meh! you guys are getting worked up over nothing. They may call it 4WD, but it will NOT be anything more than a variation of the evo/ralliart systems. Just like the outlander has the "lock" option despite its SAWC roots which is AWD.

BTW, we need pics in OP with all details ASAP. :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
Most transverse engine AWD layouts default to FWD when in 2WD mode. Longitudinal engine AWD layouts default to a RWD usually when in 2WD mode. Usually being the key word.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
it is fwd in 2wd. and the phone is a samsung galaxy s2 8mp, 1080 hd. and incorrect on the gas cover, it adds 7 awhp, dyno proven. also, not sure about using the block. you'd have to upgrade the entire thing to put out more than 200 hp, pretty sure they are pretty weak. i'd imagine the cost of building it would be on par with making the 2.0 a 2.4

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.