1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
[Official forum bot]
20,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filed under: Sedan, Performance, Chrysler, Dodge, First Drives

Meet The Modern Muscle Sedan

"Did you know that it was never supposed to be called a Charger?"

The man posing the question is Ralph Gilles, President and CEO of Chrysler's SRT group. According to Gilles, the modern Charger was styled to have been branded differently, but the suits wanted a sporty full-size four-door. The design team delivered what was asked and the marketers went ahead and applied the name. Much to the chagrin of many a Mopar fanboy on the planet.

Thankfully, our time with the the affable Mr. Gilles wasn't spent pondering the last generation LX's branding issues. Or refinement issues. Or interior gaffes. Instead, Chrysler rounded up its newest factory-fettled performance superstars in Southern California so we could get some quality time with the latest generation of SRT machines, including the 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8.

This updated model provides a welcome change compared to its predecessor. Some may still feel that the last-gen Charger may not have deserved to wear the badge, but Chrysler's latest is clearly closer to its B-Body brethren. To find out just how close, we strapped in and ran down some of California's finest roads on our way out to Willow Springs for some track time.Continue reading 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8

2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
looks like it took some inspiration from the GTR as well. Performance screen in the Navi, adjustable damping etc.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Hmmm the lines don't flow at all. Man that thing is Fugly!!

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Wheels = Discount Tire Special
Sides = Last Gen Charger aka: Family Wagon
Front/Hood = Concept car styling, way too elaborate & doesn't match rest of car

Junk.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
For the dough there are better options like oh I dont know a corvette or .how about a mustang for 31k. Heck for that kind of mony you can buy a evo and say a golf as a dd car.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
It's a RWD car which is slow, heavy and way overpriced. It just has nothing going for it in my opinion. It appeals to a certain crowd obviously, but hopefully not to people who really know something about performance cars.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Looks like a badly Photoshopped EVO X

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
I don't know, it kinda appeals to me...compared to the older one.

:flamesuit:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Wheels = Discount Tire Special
Sides = Last Gen Charger aka: Family Wagon
Front/Hood = Concept car styling, way too elaborate & doesn't match rest of car

Junk.
These.

It's a RWD car which is slow, heavy and way overpriced. It just has nothing going for it in my opinion. It appeals to a certain crowd obviously, but hopefully not to people who really know something about performance cars.
..aaand this.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts