Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a deposit in a 2012 evo x mr. I'm confirming a full mod list and will post when I can. I hear some wide range of love/hate for the SST trans. I plan to keep the car pretty stock, some bolt on but nothing to make big power.

Anything I should really looking for? (Ive read about some of the common issue threads many dated 2010 and older, heard there was a good bunch of changed for 2012+) 86k miles on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the mod list in order here now and did the purchase.
FBO
Tuned E85 by Kozmic Motorsports
ID1050 injectors
Walbro 250Fuel Pump
TiAl qr bov
Custom Exhaust Manifold
Cobb Intake Manifold
Mishimoto intercooler and piping
Cobb Downpipe
ETS Test pipe to MXP exit
Dodson Dump
Upgraded 8 disc Clutch (installed by Kozmic)

·
Premium Member
11 gsr self tuning noob - Tp, Cbe, intake, uicp, GM 3 port and crushed BOV
142 Posts
Usually it's just the transmission when stock is the issue but if it's actually good then you have the best version money can buy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Usually it's just the transmission when stock is the issue but if it's actually good then you have the best version money can buy.
Really glad to hear it, The transmission has been upgraded from Kozmic and had been an absolute up joy to drive. I can't find a fault in it, the previous owner really did a good job respecting the car and giving me a great example to work with.

·
Premium Member
11 gsr self tuning noob - Tp, Cbe, intake, uicp, GM 3 port and crushed BOV
142 Posts
Really glad to hear it, The transmission has been upgraded from Kozmic and had been an absolute up joy to drive. I can't find a fault in it, the previous owner really did a good job respecting the car and giving me a great example to work with.
Yeah dude only thing is get a extra oil cooler for the transmission and make sure to be on top of maintenance and fluids

·
Registered
11 Posts
Would definately recommend the Dodson heated sump if you can spare the change.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah dude only thing is get a extra oil cooler for the transmission and make sure to be on top of maintenance and fluids
Any one in particular you would recommend AMS makes one for stock intercooler "Due to the size of the transmission cooler being much larger than stock most aftermarket lower intercooler pipes will not fit, including the AMS lower intercooler pipe. This kit is made to fit with the stock intercooler pipe." Sounds like some custom placement might need to be done. (for this model) If you have any other recommendations I'd love to hear them

·
Registered
13 Posts
Like anything, its a gamble. Could pay off or suck. My MR had an SST that previous owner melted clutches on and I negotiated a LARGE ampunt off sticker price. Paid off for me. Sent to kozmic and had a 12 plate full rebuild, car is a monster with it. Been 500whp using it as my daily over a year later and zero issues. However, only way to know is check service records and drive it. SST fluid has to be done with care on OEM diaqueen for best results (10-12k for mild and daily driving, more frequent if you beat on it or track it.) The car does just fine with as many mods as you wanna throw at it, but the trans HAS to be built up if you chase power with a PROPER tune for both engine and SST. If you keep it mild and tq under 400 and HP modest around 300-350whp, youll be ok.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like anything, its a gamble. Could pay off or suck. My MR had an SST that previous owner melted clutches on and I negotiated a LARGE ampunt off sticker price. Paid off for me. Sent to kozmic and had a 12 plate full rebuild, car is a monster with it. Been 500whp using it as my daily over a year later and zero issues. However, only way to know is check service records and drive it. SST fluid has to be done with care on OEM diaqueen for best results (10-12k for mild and daily driving, more frequent if you beat on it or track it.) The car does just fine with as many mods as you wanna throw at it, but the trans HAS to be built up if you chase power with a PROPER tune for both engine and SST. If you keep it mild and tq under 400 and HP modest around 300-350whp, youll be ok.
Hopefully I hit a jackpot too, kozmic has been great on providing info about the Oem diaqueen, and part number for it just bought enough for an early chnage so I KNOW it's been done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts