Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Hybrid, Sedan, Videos, First Drives, Fisker, Electric

A Genuinely Good Idea That's Compromised By Design

Fisker is a company driven by design. I can't tell you how often I heard that line from the company's namesake, its PR people and engineers during my brief trip to Los Angeles to drive the production version of the 2012 Fisker Karma. And it's something that bears repeating.

So is "production version," because the Karma we drove this time last year was - at best - a prototype.

Fisker's people are willing to admit that the initial launch event was an effort to assuage fears - from customers, investors and the Department of Energy - that the Karma isn't vaporware. They wanted to get butts in seats to prove they'd built a functional vehicle. And our man Matt Davis' initial impressions bore out the Karma's pre-production status.

The racket from the General Motors-sourced turbocharged 2.0-liter Ecotec four-cylinder incessantly droned through the cabin when even mildly pushed, and the interior materials, while plush, came across as a mishmash of textures and fitment, neither of which would be acceptable in a luxury sedan costing upwards of $100,000 that was meant to replace the Mercedes-Benz S-Class and BMW 7 Series parked in the garages of eco-concious one-percenters.

I'm here to report a cliché: What a difference a year makes.Continue reading 2012 Fisker Karma [w/video]

2012 Fisker Karma [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.