Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new owner of a 2012 WW GSR. It has the sight and sound, sunroof and leather, and interior kit and i had the dealer install the aero kit, only thing missing is the nav. I've been around the forums awhile and am coming from a 2011 1M and before that a 2007 WRX. This was an impulse buy and isn't my daily. so some before and after pics with and without the factory aero kit. i got the dealer to throw in the aero kit and i took delivery of the evo last tuesday and the dealer ordered the kit and had it installed friday. the only thing i'm still waiting on is the oem gurney flap for the rear spoiler. the aero kit sides ARE different than the stock 2012 sides. they are bigger, wider and hang a bit lower. the aero kit i had installed consists of the front lip, side air dams, rear corner extensions, rear spoiler gurney extension, and front brake ducts.
w/o aero

w/ aero

w/o aero

w/ aero

w/o aero

w/ aero

w/o aero

w/ aero

w/o aero

w/ aero

and my daily for good measure

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off welcome to the forums. :)

And....2011 1M??? why'd you get rid of it so quickly?
i kept having issues with the charge pipe blowing off under full boost, it was a simple fix but i kept taking it to the dealer considering i paid 61K OTD. i was actually offered 5k over what i paid and i decided to sell, it was a fun car and i really did like it but the novelty wore off and i felt it was overpriced, i'd rather have an e92.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I can see that, seems fairly overpriced, but with that weren't there very few of them brought into the states.
i believe the exact number was 740. miss it sometimes but modding was expensive and i never keep a care more than 3 years, so far pretty happy with the evo x but it fall flat on its face after 4500 rpm, i think it's in need of a stage 2 and tune

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Aero transforms it from eeeeh to yeeeeaaaah!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Ok thanks , I have been trying to confirm that. Taking delivery of my X in a few days and it has the aero kit.

On topic nice ride OP , I say get a nice set of wheels and coilovers and keep the aerokit!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.