Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Videos, Ford, First Drives

Poor-Man's BMW M3 Is Sharper Than Ever

Ford has been quietly blurring the line between muscle car and sports car since the 2010 Mustang debuted at the 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show. Lighter, smaller and nimbler than rivals like the Chevrolet Camaro and Dodge Challenger, the Mustang established itself early on as being just as happy on a road course as it was tackling the quarter mile.

With the introduction of the 5.0-liter, dual-overhead cam V8 for the 2011 year model, the Mustang found itself armed with the muscle necessary to blacken the eyes of its crosstown rivals after a painful period of trudging along with an antiquated 4.6-liter lump under the hood. Despite the additional brawn on hand, the pony has nonetheless been routinely bested in sales by the larger Camaro.

In an attempt to pull past its big-boned rivals, Ford has opted to continue its strategy of aggressive model improvements, and buyers who put their cash down on a 2013 Mustang can look forward to a new suite of technology, visual improvements, more power and available options aimed at making it an even more capable track machine. The tricks have turned one of the best performance buys on the market into an even more tempting option for buyers who want more than just a boulevard cruiser.Continue reading 2013 Ford Mustang GT [w/video]

2013 Ford Mustang GT [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 19 Mar 2012 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Yeah too bad everyone and their grandfather has one...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sat in one at the Ford booth at the Gatornationals. Wasn't impressed. Might be fast but I couldn't stand driving that car. People hate on the Evo's interior....Mustang's interior is butt ass ugly!
I'll be damned if they don't sound sweet tho!

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
This is why the aftermarket is so HUGE for Mustangs. Plenty of room to make it your own with custom bits. I do see them a lot, but not nice looking customized ones. Mostly boring stockers.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Before I bought my Evo I test drove the 5.0, I loved it. I bought the Evo instead because of the 4 doors and AWD

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
146 Posts
If price and the fact that I wanted AWD weren't an issue, I would have bought a 2011 GT 5.0, always been a Mustang fan but just couldn't afford them. Insurance would have raped me on a new Mustang compared to the Ralliart.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
I don't care if everyone has one. I woudn't have cared if everyone had an Evo. It's about the performance, and I admit the new 2011+ GT 5.0 has grown on me.

However, this article dissapointed in that I thought there was going to be something new to make the 2013 more appealing. 8 horsepower is the only performance change.

I might go test drive one though. I just want to feel what it's like weaving through traffic and attacking corners. Find it hard to believe that it's anywhere near as precision a driving machine as the evo is. But the rave articles sure have made me curious.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.