Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Convertible, Performance, Porsche, First Drives

A Reminder To Drive

After five days in Europe, I'm finally able to count the number of hours I've slept on both my hands and feet. I've been stuck in this sort of schmoozing fugue state for the past few days, part hapless journalist, part aimless wanderer.

The Geneva Motor Show is over. Covered. Done. But my trip isn't even halfway through. There's one last thing to do and that's drive the all-new Porsche Boxster. That means another flight. Another shuttle. Another hotel. And yet another press conference. This one I actually care about. It's just too bad I can barely focus, let alone take notes.

Chassis codes, curb weights, gear ratios and torque figures fly through the air. I manage to catch a few and jot them down. I'm running below E, barely fueled by some post-show adrenaline, copious quantities of caffeine and the occasional upbeat of my flustered circadian rhythms.

But I'm keeping my eye on the prize. One day with the new version of one of my favorite rides in one of the most beautiful parts of the world.

Walter Röhrl flashes on the asymmetrical jumbotron towards the end of the over-the-top PowerPoint presentation. He's driving the Boxster. I desperately want to be him. Right now. And that's when I hear him say part of our drive route will be the Monte Carlo Special Stage of the World Rally Championship. Another night of partial insomnia is now guaranteed.Continue reading 2013 Porsche Boxster S [w/video]

2013 Porsche Boxster S [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.