Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say that this car looks like it's going to be awesome. A factory output of 650 hp and 600 tq is crazy. I can't wait to hear the new 5.8. What I'm wondering is do y'all think it's going to be a direct competitor to the zr1 corvette or the zl1 camaro? Also if ford does bring this thing out for 60k it be a steal IMO. Thoughts?

·
Registered
222 Posts
From a roll, this thing will be brutal out of the box. In before the obligatory "sure, but will it launch well?" If MSRP is under 60k USD, I'd say that would be a great starting point. This will supposedly avoid the GG tax as well.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read somewhe that they are going to try to keep it around 60 to avoid having to put the gg tax on. I'm hoping that if they are putting this much power into the car 4-D they would upgrade the suspension and other aspects to compliment it's speed. I would rather pay 60 than 90 for a super snake anyday.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
We will have to wait on see but the few hundred lbs that they dropped out of the car for the 2011/12 model year i think did wonders for it. So if they just improve on the last revision...it should be a beast.

This thing gonna switch over the new independent rear? Or still be a live axle?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Sex.

TRUCK: Hummer H2
DD: EVO X MR
TOYS: Shelby GT500, Corvette z06

Dream setup *drules*

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to get back ith u on the independent setup.I'm pretty sure they are just revising the axel from the previous model. So I'm gonna say a no go but I'll do a lil more research.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Personally, I would just stick with the GT and get the FRPP supercharger and suspension setup. It puts out close to 600HP and will cost at least $20k less. You can't hook up 500HP on a Mustang, so 650 is futile, not as futile as resistance at less that one ohm or whatever the electrical engineers were discussing, but still way over kill in a street car.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doesn't a fully decked out gt premium cost like 40k with the 3.73's and then how much is the super charger on top of that, also the tune and bolt ons to get u there. I would think that would be somewhere around 50k so I think I'd fork over another 10 k to have a better built Shelby with a better resale value 30 years from now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Personally, I would just stick with the GT and get the FRPP supercharger and suspension setup. It puts out close to 600HP and will cost at least $20k less. You can't hook up 500HP on a Mustang, so 650 is futile, not as futile as resistance at less that one ohm or whatever the electrical engineers were discussing, but still way over kill in a street car.
ya that plus it's going to be near $65, they would of been better off improving the suspension.. independent rear, and weight reduction.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,070 Posts
it's not a competitor with the zr1...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only reason why I was askin that if it was a competitor cause I'm sure that they did a competition with the zr1 and gtr and a few other cars. Sorry to say the vette one but only beat the gtr in the drag race by Mabe 4 car lengths. I've seen supercharged 5.0's take out tuned gtr's. So my train of thought is sthat a car that makes what 140 or so hp than the gtr will be or should be able to go toe to toe with the zr1.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Lmao I got two great laughs out of this thread already. The scary ******* idea of going 200mph in a Mustang and the avatar, resistance is futile (if <1 ohm).

No work today too! Today's gonna be a good day (might not even have to use my AK).
I got the ice cube reference if no one else did. Good rap is so hard to come by these days tho. I just saw Wu-tang.

/derail

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Doesn't a fully decked out gt premium cost like 40k with the 3.73's and then how much is the super charger on top of that, also the tune and bolt ons to get u there. I would think that would be somewhere around 50k so I think I'd fork over another 10 k to have a better built Shelby with a better resale value 30 years from now.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? If you are looking for 500-600HP why are you buying a GT decked out as a PREMIUM???? Get the base GT (bare bones), after all you are going for power, not luxury. Shop over at Cadillac for a luxury car.

The rest of the stuff is going to cost about $7000-8000 retail.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, base GT costs about $30k MSRP + $8k (EST HIGH) and you are still under $40k for a car that can hit over 600HP.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2010/...e-2011-mustang-5-0-with-up-to-624-horsepower/

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok..... Yes 40 k huh? Let's go ahead and just place that base model 5.0 with the 624hp S/c ,the 3.31 gears, halfway decent suspension, stock brakes against pretty much a full blown race version of it self. I don't think the mustang will be able to put that power down to the ground as well as the Shelby nor come anywhere near the times around a track that the Shelby will produce. U go ahead and keep ur base mustang and 30 years from now when ur (base) mustang is worth little to nothing the Shelby will have doubled Mabe tripled it's worth.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts