Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I originally took my car to be tuned, it had the following mods:

Highflow cat back exhaust, AMS intercooler with upper and lower piping, cobb 3 port boost controller, AMS intake. With those mods it put down 325WHP/336WTQ on a dynojet with 93 Octane.

I then added the following mods:

AMS wide mouth Downpipe, MaPerformance tubular exhaust manifold, FP TF06 MH18 Turbo, Walbro 450 Fuel Pump, Injector Dynamics 1340cc injectors, radium engineering fuel rail kit and a Delicious Tuning flex fuel kit.
With those mods, it put down 374WHP/318WTP on 93 Octane and 421WHP/354WTQ on E85.

Let me know what you guys think but this seems really low to me. I was hoping to be around 480whp on E85. This was all done on the same dyno by the same tuner.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Most of the dyno sheets I've seen for 18K with bolt-ons with E85 have been putting down around 450HP/400TQ. Could be the tuner was trying to stay under 400TQ to keep the SST safe. You could probably get a good bump out of a quality HFC or a test pipe and another from some cams if you really care.

How's the drivability?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a HFC on it now and was thinking about doing cams as well. Just thought I should have gotten alot more power with my mods. It definitely drives well. Need to take it to the track, so I can really judge how it's doing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think if you research some more you will see that some of the members here are running less restrictive exhaust systems to get the higher numbers. A test pipe, open dump downpipe and set of cams would definitely help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Should be around 450whp. You have all the supporting mods. who tuned your car? Honestly i would have gone with the GTX3576r Gen2.
Now, Cams wont cover the HP your looking for. GS2 Cams all day though.
I just upgraded to a GTX3576R stock motor with 115k miles.
Map cast manifold
3.5inch intercooler
340 AEM pump
1050x ID injectors
AMS DP with test pipe
3 port
Made 470/350TQ on 93
27lbs boost

Chris Carbee tuned

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should be around 450whp. You have all the supporting mods. who tuned your car? Honestly i would have gone with the GTX3576r Gen2.
Now, Cams wont cover the HP your looking for. GS2 Cams all day though.
I just upgraded to a GTX3576R stock motor with 115k miles.
Map cast manifold
3.5inch intercooler
340 AEM pump
1050x ID injectors
AMS DP with test pipe
3 port
Made 470/350TQ on 93
27lbs boost

Chris Carbee tuned

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Looking back, I definitely wish I had gone with the GTX.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looking back, I definitely wish I had gone with the GTX.
Yeah man. GTX would have helped kept the torque low and rise the HP nicely. That's what I'm planning on going with later in the future. Stock turbo is good for 400WHP as well on ethanol. So I'm going to be rocking that until I feel bored of 400 lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts