Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I would like to see if anyone can help me out. I got one hell of a deal on a 2015 evo GSR, but with one drawback. It had and under hood fire. It appears the engine is fine but I will need to replace tons of electrical among other pieces. I have a few question below. I will be picking up the car Monday after an 11hr round trip and will provide pics for anyone that may be interested in this project. I mainly bought it because I love evos and I want to rescue as many as I can from the crusher.

1. Will the 2008 evo x manual work with the 2015? I only ask because after researching I get yes and no answers.
2. Anyone know the best place to buy used oem parts or decently priced parts for a 15 evo x.
3. Can anyone provide stock pictures of the drive front engine bay, so I can compare and get a list of parts needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
I can't say for sure. Why are you looking for a new trans? I can ask TRE if I better understand what you're replacing

I'd check out MS Recycling for used parts. They've been dismantling nothing but Mitsubishis for a long time!

Some real good engine bay pics:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Splattj

Thanks for your response, I am actually not looking for a trans, this car suffered and engine bay burn taking out the chassis harness, engine harness and part of the radiator shroud. so I am basically looking for the wire harness to get this evolution back on the road. I needed engine bay pictures so I can compare to make sure I am locating the correct parts. Thanks for the MS plug, but they dont have anything for the evo yet.

·
Registered
855 Posts
It is easiest to get all electrical from the same year car if at all possible. I believe there are some slight differences between years IIRC and some have had issues. I wouldn't imagine this as much in the engine bay, but I'm almost certain this is an issue in the interior/body harness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@turismolover22,

Thank for the information, my biggest issue is finding a harness from the same year. I have to figure out how to get is the front chassis harness and the engine harness. I figured the same year would be best, just not sure how easy they will be to come by. I will edit original post with my pictures, so everyone can see what I am working with. I am getting cross information on what part number fits my car, the dealer give me one harness but that says only fits 2012-2013 and another part number from the dealer site says it fits my car but when I google the part number it shows its a rear harness.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would give MS a call, they have more than the cars currently in the photos as they are a dismanltler and a parts yard. I've used them since my DSM days with my '93 Eclipse and they're really knowledgeable and have usually been helpful and friendly when I called. eBay has quite a lot of dismantled Evo parts as well.

Did you check that EvoM thread for the engine bay pics? There are a lot of good shots, including with the airbox off.

And, yes, the different trims AND years have different harnesses right down to the headlight plugs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Splattj

Thanks again for your help, yes I called them they did not have anything for my car as of yet. Hopefully in the future, I am still cleaning up the mess from the blaze which appears to be caused by some generic demon headlight ballast. The EvoM thread you sent was a great help thank you, looks like for now I need the front chassis harness that should come with fusible links, fusebox, relay box and rest of wiring. Then the engine harness. I am currently trying to see if I can save the ecu, the enclosure got a little charred and the clamps got melted making it difficult to disconnect the wiring. the Dealer gave me part # 8501D712 for the front chassis harness but when I look it up on the Mitsubishi parts sight it saying only fits 2012-2013. when I put in my vin at the same site I get part# 8510D714, the diagram looks exactly the same and says fits my car, but when I search for the part number online a lot of used resellers state its a rear harness not a front harness. So not sure what one to get if I need to get oem. I Don't want to spend that amount of money to get one that doesn't fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all, I would like to see if anyone can help me out. I got one hell of a deal on a 2015 evo GSR, but with one drawback. It had and under hood fire. It appears the engine is fine but I will need to replace tons of electrical among other pieces. I have a few question below. I will be picking up the car Monday after an 11hr round trip and will provide pics for anyone that may be interested in this project. I mainly bought it because I love evos and I want to rescue as many as I can from the crusher.

1. Will the 2008 evo x manual work with the 2015? I only ask because after researching I get yes and no answers.
2. Anyone know the best place to buy used oem parts or decently priced parts for a 15 evo x.
3. Can anyone provide stock pictures of the drive front engine bay, so I can compare and get a list of parts needed.
[/QUOTE

Yes I saw this one, I put my bid for it also on copart, but looks like you got it. I bought several cars from copart and Iaai.com and infact have everything you need for yours. Donor vehicle 2015 evo x gsr fe with only 300 miles on it. I am in California 95602.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@vitoyk

ah how did you nab that car with only 300 miles, are you trying to sell the parts off it or complete? do you have any pictures? whats the damage on it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought it with flood salvage title cost me a fortune, and I bought another fe with severe side damage for parts. So end up with extra parts in my garage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@vitoyk

Excuse my delay in responding, I have been working on this car non stop. I have got some progress, Below are the things I am interested in purchasing if you are willing to part ways with them. Feel free to PM me. The car has progressed nicely, I will try to upload pictures. Wiring is no joke though lol.

Headlights
ecu
starter cable harness
hood
left side fender
bumper cover

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where you located, because I don't want to ship any parts. Its better I you come in person and pick it up all at once, I have most of the parts you need. Hood, fender , left headlight and others... I an in Auburn CA 95602

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All,

Here is an update to my car, she has progressed nicely. However I am having a no crank no start, I coded the new ecu vin to my vin to get rid of the etacs error and programmed a fresh key cut key to them but still getting no crank no start. If I connect a 12v source straight to the starter lead it cranks. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Below are the pictures of my progress. I also attaced my other thread with more details on this build if anyone is interested.

All new items back in, dont like the coat of the paint so will be doing another soon, Pictured is old ECU which is actually survived. Still no start with old ECU but the new key wasnt programmed to that one. So maybe need to reflash new ecu with original stock rom.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts