Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed regular stage 1 with aem intake from my Cobb AP and got a boost spike of 26.4. The car felt great but I don't want to damage anything. Should I switch to the stage 1 aem intake for cars overboosting?

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Yea suprised the motor didnt blow up! On a serious note rather, no your fine. I have been running 28psi tapering to 20psi or what ever it is for the last 3 years
It's not the amount PSI thats the problem, but if he's running 26 psi when he should be tuned for 23 psi, he could be running lean as a result and could be getting knock. Only logs well tell.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My stock 2011 X hits a really quick 26spi then immediately falls under 20psi. I did a little research and found from a few that it was normal. I almost didn't believe it myself the first couple pulls after my gauge install.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
So I should log knock and make sure it doesn't go over 1.00 and I'm good?
Do a few logs and see if you get some consistent knock anywhere. If you don't, then you're fine =] 1 or 2 counts here or there isn't something to be concerned about, you should pay attention and see if you always get 1-2 counts in the same spot though. If you have any questions, post your logs and people will let you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.