Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1st transmission went out with the odd shift gears only shifting. 1st, 3rd, and 5th would only shift manually.

I had it replaced around 30,000 with new trans. from Mitsubishi. Not even 10,00 miles on it. about 3-5000k. It's acting up.

Now I have this jerky/shutter before 1st gear issue.

Car was at 50,000k now. I never took it back thinking it might be a bushing problem or motor mount.

I can't believe a brand new transmission can go out that quick.

I have no mods at all.

·
Registered
93 Posts
its probably not "New" its most likely a refurb so yes they will have problem from time to time. All you can do is take it back and get it fixed if under warranty still or call up SSP or if there is other aftermarket SST parts providers out there. best of luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its probably not "New" its most likely a refurb so yes they will have problem from time to time. All you can do is take it back and get it fixed if under warranty still or call up SSP or if there is other aftermarket SST parts providers out there. best of luck.
I think my warranty is up. I'm not willing to drop 11k on a trans.

·
Registered
93 Posts
whats the warranty on the tranny??? it should still be covered. I would think so if youve only put 20k on it. But other than that it may be time to call SSP. or trade it.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
WARRANTY IT!
I love the fanboys that say the SST never fails. I swear, Once a month i see one.
GL OP, I would get it Replaced and then trade it in for a GSR or another car :(

·
Registered
461 Posts
WARRANTY IT!
I love the fanboys that say the SST never fails. I swear, Once a month i see one.
GL OP, I would get it Replaced and then trade it in for a GSR or another car :(
Feel bad for OP :(

But I laugh every time I read a comment like this. Go to the 5Speed section and read about their issues; not as trouble free as you may think.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Feel bad for OP :(

But I laugh every time I read a comment like this. Go to the 5Speed section and read about their issues; not as trouble free as you may think.
Oh, ok you might have a point. But at least they can have shep fix what OEm didnt. We dont have fixes that cost lest than a R&R for 12k. Clutch packs are not fixes!

OP go to a 6spd STI then :D FLAMESUIT ON!

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
sounds good, you dont want to cough out money to get the sst fixed when the warranty is gone.
+123456789 my SE will deff be traded in before 60k is up.
POS SST R&D and Mitsu Support. Im glad they havent hassled you about replacement yet. Please keep us posted on their response.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts