Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a noob on this forum and to owning a Evo. I purchased a 08'MR last month and love the car. I am seeking more power and have about $3000 to spend right now. Im looking for 300-350 AWHP and I guess my first question is, is that obtainable for that amount of money? Second question is what mods is it going to take to get me there. I have done some looking using search but havent found what im looking for. I really dont want to go off and buy stuff and not get the best bang for my buck. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Im new on here, work nights without pc access, and havent had much of a chance to find my way around here. Please dont beat me up too bad!

·
Registered
964 Posts
The most important thing is a good tune, so figure out who and where your getting that and subtract that cost (AP or not?). Then with the money left over figure out what intake and exhaust you like. Then if money's still left look to Intercooler and hard pipes.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Just give it to me.... Let me know what you go with bro. A lot good vendors in here to, that hook members up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL! So is the power range im seeking obtainable?

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
$400 - AMS Intake
$400 - AMS Lower Intercooler pipe
$500 - Coilovers
$900 - Exhaust system
$500 - tune
$300 - Hookers/strippers/lots of beer

Total: $3000
Bad advice here. It depends on your goals. Do you want power or handling? A mix of both?

Lower intercooler pipe? Seriously?

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
$400 - AMS Intake
$400 - AMS Lower Intercooler pipe
$500 - Coilovers
$900 - Exhaust system
$500 - tune
$300 - Hookers/strippers/lots of beer

Total: $3000
Why did you recommend getting a new lower pipe? Completely useless on stock turbo.

ETS intake $250
ETS Upper pipe -$240
Don't buy coilovers for less than a grand, seriously.
Speed circuit test pipe - $150 - same fitment as anything else, same material, same welds.
Random 3" exhaust $700
Tune $250-500 depending on where you go.

Oh look.. still hovering around $1500.. could spend that extra $1500 on some OK wheels.. or keep saving and buy nice quality coilovers that will last more than a year.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ill tell you what I just got & how much it cost me. I got an AMS downpipe, greddy se exhaust, AMS intake, Cobb accessport, 1000cc injectors, fuel pump & a tune. That cost me right at $4,500 with labor included (I didn't install)... Now I am putting 350/350 awh/lbft on pump gas & it feels incredible. Way different than stock hahaha.... You could probably do what I did minus the injectors & fuel pump & do the install yourself & be just over your budget.

Whatever you do, make sure you get tuned. It is the single most important thing you can do imo. Let us know what you go with. Take a look at the AMS downpipe, it is pure sex!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Power is priority right now. I do want to upgrade the suspension however I have always been more prone to drag race than drifting or course racing. A complete buildup will come eventually but for now I want a bit more out of the pedal.

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
Power is priority right now. I do want to upgrade the suspension however I have always been more prone to drag race than drifting or course racing. A complete buildup will come eventually but for now I want a bit more out of the pedal.
Then go off my list, save $1500. Or.. if you really want to spend twice as much then go for AMS parts but they will net the same power anyways. Im just letting you know, you dont have to spend $3 grand to get 350whp. If you want a nice dual exit exhaust, spend the extra $500 for it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.