Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I read through but couldn't find if the motor was completely stock or not?

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's awesome.... I bet it would be awesome to drive. I would love to know what it does on straight pump.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
500+ on straight pump, they have it in the thread. Motor is 100% stock. According to a lot of research done the motor will be able to sustain this power for quite a bit of time. The tuner has 82k on this motor and all the miles have been either dyno time or hard driving. Based upon that right there this motor is looking like the supras 2JZ in terms of strength. It is an epic motor and it may even surpass all expectation.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
its an n55, right? whats the difference between the n54 and n55 other than single vs twin turbos? i know the twin turbo n54 had a really high quality set of internals, but the smaller snails didn't let you build as much boost as the big single n55 turbo. amazingly no ones making turbo upgrades for it the n54 yet =/ its been like 5 years!

edit: looked it up
n54: two single-scroll turbos, direct mechanical throttle control
m55: single twin-scroll turbo, drive-by-wire throttle control ('Valvetronic')

otherwise they're the same. The n55 gets all the 2nd gen n54 upgrades, including the HPF was prone to premature failure on early n54's.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its an n55, right? whats the difference between the n54 and n55 other than single vs twin turbos? i know the twin turbo n54 had a really high quality set of internals, but the smaller snails didn't let you build as much boost as the big single n55 turbo. amazingly no ones making turbo upgrades for it the n54 yet =/ its been like 5 years!

edit: looked it up
n54: two single-scroll turbos, direct mechanical throttle control
m55: single twin-scroll turbo, drive-by-wire throttle control ('Valvetronic')

otherwise they're the same. The n55 gets all the 2nd gen n54 upgrades, including the HPF was prone to premature failure on early n54's.
As of right now the N55 is a majorily inferior motor to the N54 until its limits are pushed. The N55 is actually a lot slower & due to the small single turbo it has it maxes out @ around 400whp where as the N54 woudl hit upwards of 450+.

The internals on the N54 are all forged, BMW over engineered the engine in that car. The N55 they went away from forged internals & the TT setup up for obvious cost reasons.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is on a turbo setup which has yet to be released until all beta testing is done. They went from 2 small singles which is the stock setup to 1 big turbo. This is 6 speed manual.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
been reading up a bit more about this. the more i read, the more im impressed. 100% stock car with just a clutch and a turbo upgrade. they sold a car running ~280wp with a fuel system that could support almost 700whp?

·
Registered
338 Posts
been reading up a bit more about this. the more i read, the more im impressed. 100% stock car with just a clutch and a turbo upgrade. they sold a car running ~280wp with a fuel system that could support almost 700whp?
Yeah I found those details very hard to believe...And this car retails way less than M3. Something does not add up.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i agree about the sedan. but the 335 coupe, 135 and especially 1m are a different story. I'd love to have a 1m. too bad they didnt depreciate like the 135 or i'd totally trade the evo for one. the wheelbase is so short the damn thing's almost square! also too bad they dont offer the 135 hatch here. it's almost a hatch already

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know its hard to believe but everything is legit. People are going nuts over these numbers. Can you say 2JZ steo aside? Cause I can. Also I had the N55 :/ now it turboed motor so BMW may have cut back a bit on the strength but based upon what I have heard and read we can still expect to see some large numbers when the single gets put on the N55 :). My hopes are high still!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
so tempted to buy a 335i. This turbo kit and coilovers and it would be a pretty badass car.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.