So I have installed a GS 3Port on MR 08 as follows:

Port 1(left port) is going to the intake
Port 2(right port) is going to WGA which is by turbo
Port 3 (middle port) is going to the outlet turbo pipe

TRIPLE checked the above just incase

Black solnoid connected with no lines running to it
Brown removed and GS 3port now is connected to the plug

My tuner zerod WGDC but am still over boosting...to 28psi this is via ATR/ AP

What can be other causes of overboosting? is it a ATR bug? am confused...

Help me :(

Find log attached... below..

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the logs :(

Attachments

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Did he 0 the WGDC in all 3 maps - are you SURE he flashed the right map to your car after doing this? What is your max upward boost correction set to? It should also be Zeroed out if it isn't.

I'm not familiar with the AP WGDC columns, but I'm seeing 100% in that column which would obviously be the opposite of zeroing out your WGDCs.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Incase you want to see if I installed correctly i have a messy video lolol

Excuse my Ghetto tirewraps LOL i havent had time just want to sort out boost spike first!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did he 0 the WGDC in all 3 maps - are you SURE he flashed the right map to your car after doing this? What is your max upward boost correction set to? It should also be Zeroed out if it isn't.

He actually said "i zerod the WGDC map" - (so I should run on WGA spring psi)and after i did the log he actually did ask if i was flashing the correct map which i was :S I cant see the map value because its locked lol...

so after i replied and said yes i did since i removed other maps in AP I got told to
Run a line straight from the outlet nipple straight to the wastegate.. which i will do tomorrow..

I guess this is to test the WGA..

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Look here ... from a pdf I found on COBB.

WGDC Fine (%) - boost control wastegate solenoid duty cycle in % (0 to 100). There are
two wastegate solenoids. This so called “Fine” wastegate has a lower overall impact on
observed boost per unit duty cycle compared to the WGDC Course. Larger commanded %
duty cycle provides greater authority for the ECU to divert air away from the wastegate
actuator and create more boost.
So 100% would be more boost...

If your tuner accidentally set your values to 100% rather than 0%, you need to find another tuner....

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
HappyMint what you mention is strange and I have never seen that value change so am wondering if its software related since my car shows up as a ADM even though its from europe... I do wonder if its a ATR/AP bug...

Hes a good tuner and very reputable :) am just wondering why the changes hes made wont be accepted... hmm

And yes he did 0% them .. thats why he asked me if i flashed the correct map... make me wonder.. :S

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you Zero the maps or did he? There are 3 maps that need to be zeroed out.
He did .. i have no access to the map its locked , and hes a good tuner trust me lolol

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats why am thinking could it be a software issue.....?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
According to the logs the ecu is still commanding 100% WGDC.

You either put the wrong ROM in or the tables aren't zeroed out. ;)
What other reason would the AP not apply the correct map settings?

Different market (europe)? maybe switch to ecuflash?

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
No offense, but the most likely culprit isn't some random unknown bug in Cobb AP that no one has ever experienced before. The likely culprit is that he didn't zero out the map, or didn't save after he zeroed it out, or something along those lines and it's causing you to over boost to all hell. If this was a bug in cobb ap there would be an outcry (and multiple blown engines).

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
maybe i should change to ecuflash?

could it be the 3 port is faulty????...

if i run a straight line from WGA to turbo inlet will this bypass software and run at lower psi based on wga spring??

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No offense, but the most likely culprit isn't some random unknown bug in Cobb AP that no one has ever experienced before. The likely culprit is that he didn't zero out the map, or didn't save after he zeroed it out, or something along those lines and it's causing you to over boost to all hell. If this was a bug in cobb ap there would be an outcry (and multiple blown engines).
True but not many people from spain or europe i assume are tuned by APs.... i bet most are ecuflash...

am scared now.. dont wanna blow up .. maybe i should return it to the stock bcs and call it quit lolol

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
guys let me know about this "if i run a straight line from WGA to turbo inlet will this bypass software and run at lower psi based on wga spring??"

since am scared to do another WOT...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.