Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dyno numbers from different dynos shouldn't be compared. That's dynamometer 101, you know it, I know it, everybody knows it. If a guy is claiming some wild number of HP from a random dyno, who cares? That just means the dude doesn't have meaningful numbers like 1/4 mile times or lap times. Let's stop glorifying some potential to go fast, and put the emphasis on actually going fast. Rigamaroo for 2020.
:+1:

·
Registered
2 Posts
SOOOO today I decided to try to make 400whp on a Mustang Dyno on a stock turbo Evo X. Since everyone thinks it can be done “safely” thanks to this Joey Kid and Jack Cecil.

Many of you know who I am and what I’ve done so ill skip that part and get right to the nitty gritty.

Took a car with an Extrenal dump and tuned it on 91/E85 like I usually do and it made the Normal power on my Mustang Dyno (not fucked with to read higher)
And it made the usual 360whp/370wtq in 4TH GEAR starting from 2000 to 7500 with a 4100lb weight and 16.7 hp @ 50 (this is important ill tell you why later)
29psi tapering to 20ish and the car runs great and is quick.

At that point I watched the video, set up a 3rd GEAR pull because that is what Jack/JOEY used and set the car weights to what they had them at 38XX and 16.X I believe. Started the pulls at 3000-3500 just like them and the car made……… LESS POWER LOL. Less load but the same boost and timing as 4th.
SO I added some more boost (100% wastegate duty after 5k)
And added some timing ……. Made another pull ……. Still less power than my 4th gear pulls with less timing……. :-\
Changed Mivec …….. same power
Changed Fuel ……. Same power
Added MORE timing……………….
SAME POWER ………
At this point im thinking no way in fuck did this guy make 400whp on this stock turbo on a mustang…… I kept trying. Less timing, fuel richer and leaner etc etc etc it NEVER MADE MORE POWER in 3rd than my 4th gear normal mapping.
At this point my timing is STUPID high and im not making power, ive gone past MBT …….. I put it back as NO tuner would let a car leave with that much timing in a real world load scenario like 4th gear lol, and sent the customer on his way. He loves it .

The point of this story is, there’s no secret fucking sauce to make 400whp on a stock evo X turbo on a real Mustang dyno.
The only thing you’re drinking is this guys bullshit KOOLAID if you believe it. I’ve taken a KNOWN mustang dyno and tried to replicate his shit, and I guarantee ive tuned 500+ more evo X than he has.
Ill post up some Logs of timing and Boost to show you and ill post the dynocharts as well……
Scammers.
It’s now

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s now
It’s now 2020 and I wanna know if this is possible without aftermarket turbo? Let’s say uicp, licp, bov, cai, full exhaust from catless downpipe back 3.5”, and 50/50 water meth injection. My tuner says I should be 340-350whp. So I’m wondering if on E85 you think I could make 400whp on a mustang dyno?🤔

21 - 23 of 23 Posts