Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup the day has come smh so after hours of reading and searching im gonna be purchasing an exedy stage 2 clutch and an upgrade to the evo 9 slave cylinder and magnus adapter. im very lucky though my parents heard of my clutch issue and are gonna be buying me an exedy stage 2 clutch and the gf is buying me a new evo 9 slave cylinder with the magnus adapter for Christmas. so all i gotta pay is the labor :) :rock: but even that is gonna be pricey but i cant complain.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
45k isn't bad for someone who's having their parents buy their new clutch...

jk :D

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
i wouldnt mind getting 45k out my stocker but I dont understand why as soon as the clutch start slipping ppl hurry up and buy another?

Any one have a legit reason? My last car clutch slipped for 40k miles and it was fine

·
Registered
2,725 Posts

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
i wouldnt mind getting 45k out my stocker but I dont understand why as soon as the clutch start slipping ppl hurry up and buy another?

Any one have a legit reason? My last car clutch slipped for 40k miles and it was fine
Because every situation is different. My clutch was slipping bad for a week and then my pressure plate failed completely to the point the car was not able to do 45 minutes each way in New york stop and go traffic. Plus it hurts performance like a ************ on launches and fast shifts. Being proactive on impending failures on a car was never a bad thing.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha its my dd so I wanna get these things quick to lessen The down time and so I won't feel it as bad money wise I'm pretty sure I can go another month with it slipping . That can't be good for the flywheel and when it does go out I'll be ready. And I would rather be spoiled this Christmas than Bankrupt lol

·
Registered
6,195 Posts

46k here... 463whp/413wtq... :ghey:

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
^ and never use any of it...

LOL

·
Registered
6,195 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Wow! That clutch should be on a display at mitsubishi's museum as soon as it comes out of your car:clap:
I can feel it's nearing the end... I think come this spring it will be time for the ACT HDSS I had sitting around for two years to be installed... lol.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts

Because in the Evo X when it slips the power flickers at higher rpms and the car doesn't move and is super slow...that said, I am sure you would rush to get it fixed unless you like driving a slow ass Evo with constant power cuts...I guarantee it would drive you nuts and you would also immediately look to get it replaced, so you can drive the Evo how it is supposed to be driven...fast!

Side note...I need a fuck!n tune :(

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
not bad at all 45k on the first clutch.

Im on my 3rd at 36k!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.