Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I currently own a 2013 STi. I'm looking to change over to an Evo X because I heard the engines can handle a lot more power without having to do work on the internals. So this leads me to my next question... How much horsepower at the wheels can the 4B11 run reliably without forged internals?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Roughly 1000000000000000000000000000000whp

But seriously, HP doesn't break anything. TQ on the other hand, you should be safe 360-380wtq depending on who you talk to. Some people have pushed more for a long time without issue, some people have had less and blown motors, but thats the range to stay in.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm loving the fast feedback you guys rock. I'm also loving the info you're giving me. I have the funds available for big horsepower numbers on a new Evo X if this is the case.

·
Banned
491 Posts
I'm loving the fast feedback you guys rock. I'm also loving the info you're giving me. I have the funds available for big horsepower numbers on a new Evo X if this is the case.
Is the car mainly gonna be used as a DD or do you plan on tracking or doing any racing?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't plan on tracking the car. I also don't plan on launching the car. I'm more of a guy who enjoys doing a few hard pulls while cruising around.

·
Registered
682 Posts
On stock turbo, bolt ons and a conservative tune on 93 octane and you should be comfortably in a safe range.

You could tune for more, but the stock turbo will make you make too much torque down low, and boom.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was actually looking at the MHI 18k turbo! I know I'm getting ahead of myself considering I haven't even sold the STi yet. But I'm getting really into the Evo!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Depending on fuel, you can brake 400whp easily and stay safe on tq with the MHI. If e85 is an option no problem. if 93, its possible. if 91, youre SOL

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd be looking at 93 seeing as I'm from New Jersey. I'm definitely going to be doing some more research, but from what I have heard the MHI is a really great turbo.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
I'd look into an EF3 or an FP Red, not too many people run the MHI turbos here... at least not that I've seen.
They are getting very popular. I have tuned over 10 of them myself. I know Jon has tuned a bunch of evos with the MHI too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A little off-topic chetrickerman, but what's your 0-60 in that 2900lb Evo X?!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Honestly, for a DD, the stock turbo can handle more than enough. You'll have fun even with 300whp/tq, let's be real. lol...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sev, I'm coming from a 300whp STi. Sure, it's fun. But before I had the STi I had an Mustang GT with a 2.0L Whipple Supercharger. Now THAT was a fun car. But hey, it made 507WHP on a Mustang Dyno and it could barely stay on the road. I can only dream of what I could do with a 400-450awhp car that can hold it down.

Last time i was in his car it was hilariously fun.
I can only imagine!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts