Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'd look into an EF3 or an FP Red, not too many people run the MHI turbos here... at least not that I've seen.

MHI has generated a lot of interest, and some people have very good results from it. Price is low, flow is a lot higher, for a stock frame turbo. If i was building stock frame, it'd probably be either the MHI or a monster like FP black/EF4.

Some people also like the GT35R or GTX3076R turbos.

I would suggest looking at hollywood's "modification plans" starter thread, and doing some planning before you buy any mods. There are a lot of high quality products to choose from on our car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I would suggest looking at hollywood's "modification plans" starter thread, and doing some planning before you buy any mods. There are a lot of high quality products to choose from on our car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Absolutely! I'm kind of getting ahead of myself here considering my STi hasn't sold yet. But I'll definitely give that a read. Thanks man!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Sev, I'm coming from a 300whp STi. Sure, it's fun. But before I had the STi I had an Mustang GT with a 2.0L Whipple Supercharger. Now THAT was a fun car. But hey, it made 507WHP on a Mustang Dyno and it could barely stay on the road. I can only dream of what I could do with a 400-450awhp car that can hold it down.

I can only imagine!
Off topic: one of my coworkers has an 03 Cobra. 1000+ rwhp on race gas. Roughly 900 pump. He drives it on the street fairly regularly lol. I think he said he's into that car $100k or more. That car is his life haha

·
Banned
1,410 Posts
I'd say go with the EF3 but I am now biased. Full spool before 4k and packs more than enough power for stock block. BUt I have heard good things about the MHI too

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm not trying to start shit, I promise lol I just remember looking at the dyno graph and seeing that we have very similar spool characteristics, and I'm on a full-frame EFR7670.

Also, OP, I threw down 540 to the wheels and it stopped feeling fast after the first few pulls. I break loose in 2nd gear and sometimes third, but with AWD it's not even an issue.

·
Banned
1,410 Posts
Your dyno graphs don't show that you get full spool before 4k.
Pretty damn close.. Keep in mind I still havent finished tuning it. I'm still using my old mivec settings right now. Once that is finished I'm sure I can prob pull that spool back 100rpm or so. I guess we'll see though

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Also, OP, I threw down 540 to the wheels and it stopped feeling fast after the first few pulls. I break loose in 2nd gear and sometimes third, but with AWD it's not even an issue.
On the stock block? How many miles have you been pushing 500+? What's your torque at? Mustang Dyno?

·
Banned
1,410 Posts
On the stock block? How many miles have you been pushing 500+? What's your torque at? Mustang Dyno?
lol and people were saying I'm pushing it... Not compared to that :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm not pushing anywhere near your torque. Horsepower is just a number calculated from torque and RPM's.

OP, yes stock block. I've been running it for a few thousand miles now. 385 torque on a Dynojet so no shenanigans. I used to be a hardcore Mustang Dyno fan because I would rather have a lower number, but after I saw how much the numbers can be skewed, I decided that Dynojet numbers would be the best bet. I don't even bother with VD numbers lol

21 - 37 of 37 Posts