Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past week and a half my car has been sitting, (not garaged unfortunately), but I just finish driving to point pleasant in NJ and on the way there I noticed my 4th gear is firm, it slides right in but when to downshift or put it into neutral its harsh to pull , when I'm in high rpm and doing a quick shift it shifts very smoothly to 5th. Car was warmed up, this was probably 30 min into the trip to the beach. I always thought it was me but 4th gear was kind of firm from the start but not as rough as it is now. Is this normal? Is this the actual notchy-ness i hear about the gearbox?

I also came back from warrenty work due to my gear oil leaking through transfer case? It was from a seal supposedly, anytime I was under boost I would smell an oil scent very heavy, the dealership fixed it apparently, I have yet to smell it.

I have searched, someone said it could be cluth going or from flywheel chatter? I'm on a stock setup, have never launched the car.

"Copied post from evom"

Im definetly going to have the dealer look into this but i rather have a heads up about what im dealing with when i walk in, also do you think the leakage of gear oil lead to this?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have this very same issue. I changed the gear oil in case the oil was not good, but it had no impact.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts