Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got the car the mitsu dealer told me about how ther car doesn't run at full boost untill you hit 500mi. Then the ecu ups the boost from 8lbs to the stock 21 or 23lbs (?).

Is this a load of BS or is this true... I can't find this fact anywhere in the manual.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I dont know for sure, but I only have 300miles on mine now. I cant imagine gaining that much more boost, since the car already runs pretty good. It is faster than my previous moded car, so Im going to call this BS.

·
Registered
565 Posts
There was a rumor for a while going around that this sort of thing was a safety measure that in the first (500, 600, 1000) miles the ECU doesn't run a true WOT until after some set mile marker to prevent engine damage from NoobS.

I dont think this is true however. Its definately in the realm of possibilty since a lot of everything ran on that car is electronic so again while I dont think this is actually true, It could definately become a possibility in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.