Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The pull was made at 4500 feet, so the CF is about 1.17

This was my peak power pull. For some reason, spool was very lackluster on the dyno that day. I really get full boost in 3rd at 4800-5000 RPM, so peak torque is actually much higher on the street.

This was my very first pull of the day. My fuel curve is MUCH better now.

Specs:

2008 Evo X GSR
2.0 L MAP shortblock
- Wiseco HD 1400 pistons
- MAP X-beam rods (these rock!)
- Brand new OEM core
Refreshed stock cylinder head
Cosworth MX1 camshafts
AGP 6262 CEA journal bearing turbo kit
DW65c in-tank fuel pump (also, AMS inline fuel kit which is currently disabled until I need more powwaah)
FIC 1100cc injectors
Tomei AFPR
Cosworth fuel rail
Tuned by me!

I will post up my 4th gear pull later. I would like to get a legitimate dyno run in because I'm actually pushing 1.5 psi more on the street up top, so realistic power output on the street is about ~580 WHP at least.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe post a VD, cause that lag is wow. Hopefully it is more than 2000rpm power band.
I might if I have the time. I've got over 400 WHP from 5500 rpm to 8800 rpm in reality. That's a pretty solid power band for a 2.0 L IMO.

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It would probably spool faster and make more power with a better manifold

Great job though
Thanks.

It spools just fine on the street. In 4th gear just not a half an hour ago, I hit full boost by 4500 rpm (with plenty of surge).

This manifold is not that restrictive at all. Have you seen one in person before? There is a reason, yes, that I didn't go with an AGP Zeta turbo, but their manifold is damn nice for a $2100 kit.

I just need to charge my laptop and then I can post some VD graphs.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I almost pulled the trigger on this exact same kit, except the ball bearing version. I ended up picking up an FP Black.

Nice top end power though:thumbup:. I would like to see more pulls. I didnt buy this kit because there just wasn't enough data out there with actual dyno results.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
Thanks.

It spools just fine on the street. In 4th gear just not a half an hour ago, I hit full boost by 4500 rpm (with plenty of surge).

This manifold is not that restrictive at all. Have you seen one in person before? There is a reason, yes, that I didn't go with an AGP Zeta turbo, but their manifold is damn nice for a $2100 kit.

I just need to charge my laptop and then I can post some VD graphs.
Yes I have seen it in person, and they way that it designed is very ........... turbulent.

I say that because the runners are not smooth like how they would be with a tubular manifold, and if you think that a manifold that creates a lot of turbulence spools well and makes good power ......... well just think about which flows more water, white water rapids, or a smooth stready stream?

How well do you think those square runners flow? Lol

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I have seen it in person, and they way that it designed is very ........... turbulent.

I say that because the runners are not smooth like how they would be with a tubular manifold, and if you think that a manifold that creates a lot of turbulence spools well and makes good power ......... well just think about which flows more water, white water rapids, or a smooth stready stream?

How well do you think those square runners flow? Lol

Take another look at it when you get the chance, but pay more attention to the inside. It's improved over a stock-design-type cast manifold, that's for sure.

I had the exact same impressions that you did until it showed up at my house and I started looking at the inside of the runners. Yes, it's not the best design but it does indeed work. If it did not, my torque curve would start falling off up top. 550 WHP on a Mustang, corrected or not, is a REALLY good result for this kit. The only other real dyno of an AGP 6262 setup I've seen was a stock block install running 24-ish PSI - 450 WHP DynoJet.

Also, the square runners flow just as well as a head with square ports... pretty decently.

I would like to think that AGP did some FEA on this manifold before sending it off to be cast; I might have to ask them.

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here's a 4th gear pull. Slightly less power on paper due to about an hour of heat soak at that point, but still looking good:

Also, we turned down the filter value a little to be able to see detonation events on the torque curve. I don't trust the Evo X knock detection on a built engine... it's a bit paranoid.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
OP, is there any way you can email me the charts? I'm in Afghanistan and the pics are blocked, :D

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OP, is there any way you can email me the charts? I'm in Afghanistan and the pics are blocked, :/
They're on their way! You can take your email addy down now so it doesn't get harvested for SPAM.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
thanks, got them! :D

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
how does it feel on the street? and post up those VD graphs when you get a chance. 3rd and 4th would be interesting to see. I know Baka just tuned an AGP 6262 kit a day or two ago on a mustang...would be interesting to see a comparison too!

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how does it feel on the street? and post up those VD graphs when you get a chance. 3rd and 4th would be interesting to see. I know Baka just tuned an AGP 6262 kit a day or two ago on a mustang...would be interesting to see a comparison too!
It absolutely rips. In comparison to my BB-X setup, which was already ungodly fast, this setup is phenomenal. When quick shifting, there is very little turbo lag between gears. I'm actually hitting the drag strip tonight, hoping to get booted for too quick an ET.

I'll go ahead and produce some fresh DynoJet-calibrated VD graphs over the weekend. I've made a few changes, including upping my methanol nozzle size along with more boost, so power should be up.

Any idea how much power he made with that setup?

·
Registered
499 Posts
video! video! video!

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
video! video! video!
I was in the car tuning :( and all I had on my was my phone. Bah.

I might have a video of my quarter mile pass tonight. I hope I get to run with one of the fast local Evo 8/9's.

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
Solid power indeed, but still low for this turbo. This turbo on the AMS kit or ETS one spools a good 500-800rpms sooner. Sure 4th gear loaded up on the dyno will spool sooner but your 3rd gear one is very very laggy.

You can't pretend to say its not the manifold because there isn't much else it could be. I agree its solid for the price you pay, but I'd pay double to have better spool and 700whp like the others that have ran this turbo. The power doesn't justify the lag on this setup imo.

I am not trying to be a jerk at all but the people I have talked to who have tuned this kit have said its nothing to write home about, and basically you get what you pay for. The kit is the absolute cheapest/easiest way to mount the bigger turbos, thats it.

My car makes more power on an EF4 and in 4th gear I am hitting full boost before 4k. Just food for thought :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts