Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Damn homie good luck
It's people like you who have no idea about these motors that give them a bad name. Mines been at over 400 wheel torque on a STOCK turbo for well over a year now. The bigger the turbo the less stress it is on the motor as well. You can make over 400 torque on the stock 4b11t no problem. Just depends how you drive and where the power is.

To the OP, there is not a chance you'll make 550 wheel horsepower on a budget of $12,000 I'm sorry to inform you

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's people like you who have no idea about these motors that give them a bad name. Mines been at over 400 wheel torque on a STOCK turbo for well over a year now. The bigger the turbo the less stress it is on the motor as well. You can make over 400 torque on the stock 4b11t no problem. Just depends how you drive and where the power is.

To the OP, there is not a chance you'll make 550 wheel horsepower on a budget of $12,000 I'm sorry to inform you
Speaking from experience, they don't all last like yours may. My stock block let go with a 7670, less than 500 whp and 400 lbs trq.

Build it before it breaks, cause I know for damn sure 12K won't cut if after there's a window already. I'm probably just shy of 18K for my 2.2L

·
Registered
196 Posts
Are you trying to say that torque at higher RPM is less stressful on mechanical parts than torque at lower RPM?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Are you trying to say that torque at higher RPM is less stressful on mechanical parts than torque at lower RPM?
That. And don't mash the throttle at low rpm or high load. Start in a low gear at a higher rpm and you should have less problems

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 12k budget dunno if that'll settle it
Bro 12k will give u more then 550 😭
Turbo =1700 or less
Cams=400-500
Valves springs=200 400or less
Head being taken to a shop is 400 or less
Fuel pump injectors plus e85 kit 1000
Tune 500
Exhaust u don’t need one go straight pipe