Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4.4 sec 100-200 klms, full weight car.
Dima Deka from Ukraine fixed the basket with exedy frictions and his own steels, clamps and small basket.
A local shop did the installation, along with Dodson latest 2/4 shift fork magnet (that actually, finally works) and screws to the other 2 magnets

Nowardays I am on a new 2.0lt 10:1 cr motor (that I am breaking in) and an EFR 9274 turbo. Going for all the boost on race fuel. When ready I am going to post the results...

·
Registered
425 Posts
4.4 sec 100-200 klms, full weight car.
Dima Deka from Ukraine fixed the basket with exedy frictions and his own steels, clamps and small basket.
A local shop did the installation, along with Dodson latest 2/4 shift fork magnet (that actually, finally works) and screws to the other 2 magnets

Nowardays I am on a new 2.0lt 10:1 cr motor (that I am breaking in) and an EFR 9274 turbo. Going for all the boost on race fuel. When ready I am going to post the results...
What made you step away from the previous stroker build? I am trying to decide weather to rebuild another 2.2L stroker or 2.4L stroker. I loved the extra umph that the stroke provides on the street. Also, how much more boost do you think you can attain from the EFR9274? I feel like we are restricted on boost due to damaging a wheel stepping outside of the flow chart or exceeding the max recommended compressor wheel speed. I am also thinking stepping up from an 8474 to a 9274 for more top end.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What made you step away from the previous stroker build? I am trying to decide weather to rebuild another 2.2L stroker or 2.4L stroker. I loved the extra umph that the stroke provides on the street. Also, how much more boost do you think you can attain from the EFR9274? I feel like we are restricted on boost due to damaging a wheel stepping outside of the flow chart or exceeding the max recommended compressor wheel speed. I am also thinking stepping up from an 8474 to a 9274 for more top end.
Just wanted to feel the difference with the oem crank and big turbo. Had both an 98mm and 94mm in the past. 2.8 bar I believe is going to be the max I will aim for to protect from over spinning the wheel. Had an 8374 in the past, 400rpm better Spool than 9174 and 550-600 rpm than 9274 (tested all 3 on approx 2.2lt stroked). At what rpm do you have full boost on 4th gear on your 2.2lt with the 8474?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just wanted to feel the difference with the oem crank and big turbo. Had both an 98mm and 94mm in the past. 2.8 bar I believe is going to be the max I will aim for to protect from over spinning the wheel. Had an 8374 in the past, 400rpm better Spool than 9174 and 550-600 rpm than 9274 (tested all 3 on approx 2.2lt stroked). At what rpm do you have full boost on 4th gear on your 2.2lt with the 8474?
Never had the chance to get it fully tuned. Heres one of my pulls from last summer. I love the spool for a turbo this size.Here is where the car was at last summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never had the chance to get it fully tuned. Heres one of my pulls from last summer. I love the spool for a turbo this size.Here is where the car was at last summer.
Seems like it has the exact same Spool as the 9174 (which is logical)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Seems like it has the exact same Spool as the 9174 (which is logical)
I forgot to add that this was only 3rd gear on a 5 MT. Does the car feel a little sluggish down low on the 2.0 compared to the stroker??

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes, it feels a bit sluggish from 1,000 to 3,500 rpm...
Good to know. I'm keeping the stroker crank then. That was the main reason why I got it in the first place. When i added cams to my turbo setup i lost my bottom end and hated how it drove. As a daily that is. I had lost my off boost umph. I had to accelerate with the boost gauge at 0 most of the time and I had to hit at least 3-5 psi just to keep up with traffic. ugh. With the stroker I am able to accelerate at -3 to -5 in vac to keep up with traffic and 0 on the boost gauge if I want to accelerate to pass someone :). Anything Positive pressure wise was just for fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts