Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Rejected Merchant Applicant
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My personal car already made a previous best of 807whp in 4th-gear @ 37-38psi on e85 with an Ets T3 6765 .82 turbo kit completely out of fuel with one standard 255 fuel pump, an in-line bosch 044, Fic 2,200c.c injectors, ams fuel rail, ams fuel pressure regulator, and -6 feed/-6 return fuel lines.​

Since then with the above mentioned fuel supply, I simply installed a Full Blown in-tank double pumper with two standard off-the-shelf 255 fuel pumps to increase volume and have enough fuel to support atleast my target boost of 43-45psi.​

Ironically 37-38psi was also my max boost using a hallman pro mbc with the hard spring and 14psi spring in the tial wastegate so I added a spring to bring the wastegate pressure up to 25psi, thus allowing me to hit my target boost of 43-45psi.​

Before I hit the dyno I wanted to run my car open downpipe which is 4" so I removed the greddy catback and custom testpipe with a resonator I welded in previously to remove any additional backpressure in the exhaust system.​

Here are the results of the *baseline pull* in (3rd-Gear) @ 43.5psi:

Video of Dyno Pull:

Since this was just a baseline pull in 3rd gear with virtually no tuning changes other than getting the fuel dialed, I was blown away at the results and decided to call it day.​

I also realized it's winter time, the e85 is more likely to be closer to e70 so I'm purchasing an ethanol tester tomorrow, most likely Buschur's and testing the fuel in my gas tank.​

My next decision based on the fuel results are:

1. Go back to the dyno on the same tank of fuel with a target boost of 45-46psi in 4th Gear opposed to 3rd-Gear and be the first to crack 900whp on stock ecu and stock maf or...​

2. Purchase a 55-Gallon drum of e98 which is a more logical choice and go back to the dyno with a target boost of 45-46psi in 4th gear opposed to 3rd-Gear and crack 900whp on stock ecu and stock maf without worrying about detonation and tossing a few rods in the process:rock:​

As of right now I'm leaning towards the 2nd option. I hit the dyno last Friday and I haven't had much time to sit down and hammer this out because it's New Years Weekend.​

I plan to go back to the dyno mid-week with better fuel and cracking 900whp in the process!​

Vehicle Modifications:

2.0 Liter/9:1 Compression
Cosworth Pistons/Rods​

Custom Port/Polish Cylinder Head
Gsc S2 Cams
SuperTech Dual V/S Ti Retainers
Arp Head Studs
(Stock Intake/Exhaust Valves)​

Ets T3 .82 a/r 67-65 Turbo Kit​

Maperformance Rev3 Intake Manifold
Boomba 75mm Throttle Body​

Buschur Racing 4.5" IC
Buschur Lower IC Pipe
Ets Upper IC Pipe
Ets 4" Intake w/ 3.5" Maf Adapter
Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
Hallman Pro MBC​

Fic 2,200c.c Injectors
Ams Fuel Rail
Ams Fpr Kit
-6/-6 S.S Feed/Return Lines
In-line Bosch 044 Fuel Pump
Full Blown Double-Pumper w/ Standard 255 Fuel Pumps​

Exedy Twin HD Clutch Kit​

4" Open Downpipe​

Stock Ecu/Stock Maf​

Thank You.​

For everyone who is doubting the numbers...

I have a proposition to make:

1. I will personally drive my car(not trailer), to ANY part of the United States to dyno at another facility.​

2. I will make one single pull, possibly two incase target boost is not correct.​

3. If the car makes the power, I get reimbursed for all fuel, toll, hotel (depending on dyno location), and dyno costs.​

ANY TAKERS?​

*I am displaying 2 different but extremely interesting results for dynojet dyno numbers and 1 result for mustang dyno numbers soley based on my Evolution X's "Weight".*

The first result is being displayed as is in 3rd-gear with a factory vehicle weight of 3517lbs for a bone stock 2008 Evolution X Gsr and my 160lb body:

The second result is being displayed closer to the vehicle weight my evo x currently sits since It's not only an SSS package which puts the weight just about as close as an MR which weighs in at 3596lbs but we also have installed more factory modifications that add to the vehicle weight such as: Navi (MMCS) unit and a factory back up camera so let's just put the vehicle weight at an even 3600.

(This is not including all the aftermarket parts that greatly raise vehicle weight such as the Buschur 4.5" IC, Ets Turbo Kit, 3 Fuel Pumps, etc, etc,) so I believe I'm being more than fair with the vehicle weight for the second result.)

Here is the second result where my cars weight more closely sits since It's an SSS package and we added an MMCS unit and back up camera NOT including much heavier aftermarket upgrades such as 4.5" IC, Turbo Kit, Etc with my 160lb body:

Here are the results from the 860whp Virtual Dyno Graph reading more like a Mustang Dyno:

Thanks for viewing and if anyone has anymore questions or concerns about the validity of my 862whp dynojet graph on Vinny Ten's Dyno, don't worry because we are going back to crack 900whp and then heading to another dyno facility to prove the power elsewehere.

·
aka MitsuEvoX
1,000 Posts
That's a ****load of power!!! Breaking 900 will be simply rediculous

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a ****load of power!!! Breaking 900 will be simply rediculous
thats insane amount of power
good job, congrats!
Thank You guys, I have been building/tuning this car for years and now I'm starting to really dig in and maximize this setup. I believe 900whp may be achieved by simply running the car in 4th and 2-3psi more! I can't wait to go back with some more stable fuel!!!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Why'd you run it on Vinny's dyno and not your shops dyno. Just wondering.

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why'd you run it on Vinny's dyno and not your shops dyno. Just wondering.
I sold my dyno dynamics and I'm having a dynojet built since It's the industry standard. I won't have my dynojet for another 2 or so months so I've been using Vinny's dyno in the meantime.

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Props! Now, give us a 1/4 mile video please :)
After the next dyno session I will be ordering a set of radials to start dialing the car in. Unfortunately the racing season is over for everyone in the Tri-State which includes English Town, Atco, and Island which are all 2-4 hours away from Long Island. Next best track is M.I.R in Maryland but that is not out of the question either, we are excited to finish maximizing this setup to it's full potential before a track session.

·
[Local Team Member], aka JDAVID-EVO X
16,650 Posts
Dammmmmmmmm boy thats a lot of POWER... NICE NUMERS :)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I sold my dyno dynamics and I'm having a dynojet built since It's the industry standard. I won't have my dynojet for another 2 or so months so I've been using Vinny's dyno in the meantime.
Cool. Vinnys dyno reads fair.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Video of Dyno Pull:

OMFG!!!!!!, u would scared anyone around when u street driving, i would luv to c more please especially street driving

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would love to see it run at MIR!! keep us updated

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
full of shit .....they jack up correction factors and everyone who been there can tell u how horrible service is....they blew my engine 100-200 miles after the tune denying everything there is 3 people with the same case pete doesnt know how to tune for shit....ask snakebite he had the same problem like I did at the same time....

Stay away from DG .....

Pete bought Buschur drag evo that was doing 8.88 sec passed and made it slower that makes you amazing tuner....

pete remember when i ask you how much my car can make power?? He said"i can make it read as much as you want" fucking bullshit
fully bolted evo x making 330whp lost badly to mr with just drop in and tune....

to bad I erased all your PM's because my box was full....

·
[E-Tuner]
15,861 Posts
no point bashing him this isnt the place for that...

good job on the build that would be a pretty fun evo
I'm not bashing, just calling an orange, an orange.

I have a horrible tuner by me and has a large fanboy group, and I called him out as well.

1 - 20 of 308 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.