Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If you havent thrown this code before on ur current set up, and you havent changed anything other than diagnosing that AC idle issue stuff - i would put my money on a vacuum/boost leak.
read somewhere on here about a loose fuel pressure reg vacuum hose causing this as well.
Ok, gonna check this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
FPR reads 20 psi. Looks like fuel pump took a dump. Getting new one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Went to switch fuel pump out and found a deep cut in a hose. Put new hose on...problem solved.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Dang! Good job finding the issue. Where was the hose cut?
Just after the pump in the tank small hose but large enough it was dumping fuel back in the tank.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Was your issue that S shaped hose on the pump?
Not exactly S shaped but that’s where it was located...it may have been cut while installing it. It was very odd to have a cut in that location.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hello again! 3 months & 2000 miles ago the exact same issue raised its head again. Is this normal for the throttle body to cleaned again so soon? It’s not to difficult to get to and clean but I can see this is going to get annoying. Is there something I’m doing/not doing with the TB? Is there a TB coating of some sort? Would buying a new TB solve this? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello again! 3 months & 2000 miles ago the exact same issue raised its head again. Is this normal for the throttle body to cleaned again so soon? It’s not to difficult to get to and clean but I can see this is going to get annoying. Is there something I’m doing/not doing with the TB? Is there a TB coating of some sort? Would buying a new TB solve this? Any recommendations?
I only had to clean it once around 45k or 50k miles, and the issue didn't come back.
@ around 65k miles I removed my intercooler and piping before doing a turbo/engine build,
and i noticed ALOT of oil/sludge in the bottom of the intercooler and the lower piping as well as a little build up on the TB plate again.
This may have been a sign that my turbo was on its way out, but i wasnt experiencing any idle issues.
I ended up getting a new intercooler/turbo and a fresh built engine so I never found out for certain.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Opened it up and saw no signs of any oil, cleaned it and it’s back to normal. I’m getting a mishi X line rad this week so I’ll check the IC for oil when I pull all that apart. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Opened it up and saw no signs of any oil, cleaned it and it’s back to normal. I’m getting a mishi X line rad this week so I’ll check the IC for oil when I pull all that apart. Thanks for the response.
Did the TB plate have oil/dirt on it again?

If it wasn't dirty then your problem is probably something else. I cant believe it would get dirty enough to cause issues again that quickly, after all it took me almost 45k miles to have that issue come up. But i'm no expert.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
There was some black dirt on the rag when I wiped it. I continued until no more dirt was left on the rag.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There was some black dirt on the rag when I wiped it. I continued until no more dirt was left on the rag.
Interesting, especially after only a couple thousand miles.

Well, keep us updated here.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts