Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chasing a Dodge Viper around VIR - he was way faster than me down the straights, but I caught him in the turns. Great fun - I love this track!

· Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
show off! lol. nice video, from the new setup I reckon?
No, still running the same basic bolt-ons and Cobb stage 2 tune. End of this year I'll be turning it into a proper track car - strip out the interior, put in a roll cage, and get a proper tune and upgraded turbo. Need to find a tow truck/SUV and trailer first.

· Registered
812 Posts
You go with trackdaze or Nasa?

· Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Premium Member
11,810 Posts
No, still running the same basic bolt-ons and Cobb stage 2 tune. End of this year I'll be turning it into a proper track car - strip out the interior, put in a roll cage, and get a proper tune and upgraded turbo. Need to find a tow truck/SUV and trailer first.
I meant the video setup Mark (Or is it Matt?). Sorry, I'm horrible with names.

· Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I meant the video setup Mark (Or is it Matt?). Sorry, I'm horrible with names.
It's Paul (but close!). Video is a GoPro + Kiwi wifi + Harrys Lap Timer, edited on Dashware. Finally got a system that works, after trying many other setups.

· Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the video! it's funny to watch that viper pull away on the straights.
Ah, that's the beauty of the Evo! Anyone can floor the gas in a 600+ hp V10 and disappear into the distance, but catching them in the twisties requires a seriously good handling car (and a good driver, he says modestly :D).

· Registered
3,110 Posts
definitely! watching the video i kept laughing at how much ground you closed up after a few turns. he would be barely visible down the straight, i look away for a second, then when i look back you're on his ass again. lol very cool.

· Premium Member
11,810 Posts
What was the car in front of the Viper, I'm amazed he wasn't passing him with that kind of power on tap.

· Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

· Registered
2,201 Posts
How much does it cost to get on the track at VIR?

· Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Registered
2,201 Posts
Sweet, then I might have to go up there for a day when my 2.2L EF4 build is done. I am in NC so its not that far of a trip.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.