Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
[Tom Cruise lookalike]
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the baby is getting dirty. I'm looking for the most simple method of washing her without leaving swirls or anything bad. My eyes are too untrained to notice the difference between a 'good' was job and a 'perfect' wash job so I just need a basic method :p

Any input is appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
567 Posts
well I never wash a nice car without first going to the coin self wash to clean the grit off first. I take my time and get ALL the visible stuff off...then it's home for a soft rag wash with a shami'. Next it's time for the 'blow drive'> 80+ on the freeway for 10 minuts or so....that gets most of the moisture off. A quick buff and it's ready for wax.

I saw a lady at the coin wash using the big soapy broom 'brush' on her new BMW:shades:. She had no clue how bad that was for the paint

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
^Yeah, i was going to mention that.

NEVER, EVER rub anything on your paint with the exception of...

-good microfiber towels
-A wax applicator
-A buffing pad
-clay bar
-a clean sponge
-bare female buttcheeks
-a california water blade or some replica of one

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
"NEVER, EVER rub anything on your paint with the exception of.......bare female buttcheeks"

Is that a liquid car wash brand?

Yeah, it turns your car brown. Give it a try.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I coated my EvoX with a Teflon product, its put a hard shell over the paint and last for 3 years, all ya do is wipe with water and dry with a towel, cant get any easier than that, no need to wax coz it shines up well by itself.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I coated my EvoX with a Teflon product, its put a hard shell over the paint and last for 3 years, all ya do is wipe with water and dry with a towel, cant get any easier than that, no need to wax coz it shines up well by itself.
care to elaborate? who makes this...and I guess I can now fry up an egg or two on my hood and it won't hurt the paint, nice

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.