Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase/order a X in the next few weeks and was looking at one option only- the option with HID and rockford stereo. Do you guys feel as if this option is 'worth it' or would it be better to put in an aftermarket HID kit and stereo. I'm not looking for some serious 'boom boom' stuff- just clarity with a bit of bass definition.

Are there any other options that you guys recommend or definitely don't recommend? Just looking for opinions on what people like, don't like, and feel like they got their money's worth.

Matt

·
Registered
293 Posts
I personally like the HID on my 08 gsr sss. I assume they're the same for 2012. I am not impressed with the RF system though. If you search Rockford fosgate there are some threads regarding the amp which I believe limits how loud the system can get which I feel is a big drawback.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Get the SS package evo X.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you're looking at getting ur moneys worth
Obviously looking at wrong car....
You gotta be a baller to own an Evo...
dealers really mean to you
insurance will kill you..get an EV instead

·
Registered
652 Posts
+1 for the keyless entry I love mine! I have an 08 w/ the SSS aero package and so far the RF system has been great! The only thing I wish I could've gotten was the leather interior package but at the time they only offered that option for the mr..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input guys- much appreciated. How does the bluetooth package work?- pretty sure I would be interested in that as well. I'm def gonna go with the SSS package now- just needed some input.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I didn't buy the SSS bc I figured I go aftermarket for less $ and it was a big mistake just on the HID's alone. The Rockford radio is decent enough and the HID's are GREAT especially with the leveling system built in. I wish I could go back and buy it...
Heated leather and sunroof isn't as big of a deal but still nice to have if you can afford another 2k.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I know I don't want to mess with sunroofs and leather.... I really like the nav system, but is so damn expensive for what it is.
The nav is ABSOLUTELY not worth it. Maps are always 2 years old and cost $180 for updates. Given the price of the nav and the updates for 5 years, you could nearly fully mod your Evo instead of going with that option... Something to think about. My nav unit is completely useless in the newer areas of Dallas where new roads and tollways are being added. Mine always shows me driving through lakes and shit most of the time telling me to make u-turns. I will never purchase a car again with OEM nav... I use my Android phone and Google maps and don't pay a dime for map updates and the maps are so up to date they alert me to detours occurring over the weekend...

·
Registered
255 Posts
You only have three options. SS, or SL, or SS/SL

SS at a minimum. Just the passkey and headlights are worth it in my opinion, and as an added plus the stereo is upgraded too.

I like my leather and sunroof a lot!

Basically what it comes down to is, do you have the money to spare, and are you going to track the car. If you plan to track the car then you don't want leather or added weight from the sunroof.

As a side note, you should be able to order the 2013 in October (maybe, guessing?..in regular years you can, but if they are changing up the car then who knows)... so if you don't do this shortly then as another option you might want to see what's happening with the next evo

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.