Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off it is a 2003 evo with a litte more than 120k miles on it. the owner recently got back from deployment and was planning on building it bu has since purchased another car which he is going to focus his money and attention on it. Mecahnically the car starts and runs and has some idle issues and deff needs some motor work but that wouldnt be a huge deal i have owned 2 previous evo VIII's. I would porb end up doing a rebuild of the motor this winter anyways i am pretty good friends with the owner and i dont want to offend him with a low ball on it but he said to make an offer. I was just wonering what you guys would offer him for it keep in mind it will prob need a full rebuild in the motor. It has full bolt ons performance wise and is mainly a show car for the time being here is a list of some of the other mods there are to many to list so i will hit the major ones.
Full Authentic Voltex Widebody Kit,
Custom Blue Paint Job Lotus Laser Blue
Tanabe Pro 7 Coilovers with TEAS controller
Bride Zeta 3 Seats
Nardi Deep Corn Steering Wheel
10.5 Hotside on the Turbo.
HKS Exhaust
Enkei RPF1's brand new, 18x10.5 +15 275/35/18
Shep Racing Transmission
3rd Gear Grinds But works just not on down shift.
JDM Evo 9 headlights Worth 1k$ now cause they are rare
JDM Evo 8 Tails
Comes with Spair Factory Bumper Paint Matched
JDM Rear Bumper

These are the main ones i can think of, That and the Orbital Dual Din kit that is discontinued, with navigation etc.

Rewrapped Headliner etc. etc. alot of small thigns, but these are the major things.

here is a link to some pictures of it
http://www.sageautosports.com/garysevo.htm

thanks for the help fellas.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
WHat are you going to use it for? If for the track, well, it's got a cage and tow hook and all the trimmings. For DD? Take the cage out and make sure the engine is going to be reliable after the rebuild.

I'm not a fan of the color blue, but that car looks nice and I love the Voltex kit.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would mainly use it as a weekend driver/show car. My X is the one that i track the shit out of lol, and i have a civic to daily. I really just miss my old evo and the feel of it and i will be getting a good deal on this if I pick it up so who knows it would just sit in the garage through this winter while i slowly rebuild the motor and what not.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i was going to offer around 15k for it since the motor is in need of repair and the tranny may need a slight revamping as well does that sound reasonable to you guys??

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Yeah, that's about what I'd offer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts