Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ABS and ASC Lights have come on after pulling my engine and trans and I cannot get them to shut off. I have pulled a code for the front right speed sensor and have replaced it twice to no avail. I heard the 2010 can have issues with the ABS unit and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My ABS and ASC Lights have come on after pulling my engine and trans and I cannot get them to shut off. I have pulled a code for the front right speed sensor and have replaced it twice to no avail. I heard the 2010 can have issues with the ABS unit and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this.
Did you pull the subframe, and disconnect the steering rack from the column?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I am pretty sure the shop that did the work did pull the subframe.
If they did this, and subsequently "realigned" the car, there is a possibility that the steering angle is off. If it is off, your traction control system thinks the car is constantly in a turn.

This won't necessarily solve the problem with your wheel speed sensor, if it is indeed broken. But, it will keep the car from tossing traction loss lights and otherwise freaking out if it was indeed removed and then reinstalled "off"

Ask them if they pulled the subframe, and ask if they did an alignment to get the steering wheel "straight" again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey did you get this figured out?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey did you get this figured out?
So I replaced my wheel sensors yesterday and same thing, my lights were still going nuts. I did some research on abs wheel speed sensors and like you said they use an abs encoder that creates a magnetic pulse from the wheel bearing spinning. I thought about it more and more and I realized I defintely messed up that encoder ring when I was installing my new wheel sensors because I was drilling out my old sensors. So I’ll bet that’s the problem. I wish I knew about those rings sooner!! Oh well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I replaced my wheel sensors yesterday and same thing, my lights were still going nuts. I did some research on abs wheel speed sensors and like you said they use an abs encoder that creates a magnetic pulse from the wheel bearing spinning. I thought about it more and more and I realized I defintely messed up that encoder ring when I was installing my new wheel sensors because I was drilling out my old sensors. So I’ll bet that’s the problem. I wish I knew about those rings sooner!! Oh well.
Yeah this was my diagnosis as well. Will let you know if it works when I replace mine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts