Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my access ports and was wondering where i could find some good maps to download. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
I recommend getting a custom e-tune. Hit up chetrickerman on this forum for some advice.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
No off the shelf tune will be as good as a custom tailored dyno tuned because every car can be slightly different especially when different aftermarket parts are thrown into the mix. That's why when I tune cars I spend the full 3-4 hours worth getting it dialled in perfectly for AFR's, boost and timing even after I load my base map that gets me in the ballpark. Figure in most cases a non custom tune will leave about 10-20 whp on the table and less than perfect boost curves/AFR because they have to stay on the conservative side, sometimes it ends up being worse than that though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No off the shelf tune will be as good as a custom tailored dyno tuned because every car can be slightly different especially when different aftermarket parts are thrown into the mix. That's why when I tune cars I spend the full 3-4 hours worth getting it dialled in perfectly for AFR's, boost and timing even after I load my base map that gets me in the ballpark. Figure in most cases a non custom tune will leave about 10-20 whp on the table and less than perfect boost curves/AFR because they have to stay on the conservative side, sometimes it ends up being worse than that though.
Thank you very much for the explanation

1 - 7 of 7 Posts