Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

does any1 know if the accessPROT works on evox MR gulf edition?

also, should i get a boost contol after installing the accessport?

thanks, n sorry for my bad english ^.^

·
Registered
183 Posts
hi guys,

does any1 know if the accessPROT works on evox MR gulf edition?

also, should i get a boost contol after installing the accessport?

thanks, n sorry for my bad english ^.^
The OTS (off the self) maps are not calibrated for an aftermarket boost controller but if you get a protune with the AP, your tuner can make sure your tune is compatible with your controller. I would not run with an aftermarket controller without a proper tune. I'm not sure about your Gulf edition question. Hopefully someone can confirm that for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Where a bouts are you in the gulf? I'm in Qatar and the Evo X here is EDM spec so should work fine, but just double check with the dealership as they will know for sure.

As for boost control the stock system will easily cope with just map upgrades and exhaust etc, when you are going to go for a bigger turbo and want 30psi or more then I would start to think about upgrading, also there is a restrictor pill that has to be removed when you are running Cobb stage 2 there is a PDF file on their site on how to do this.

Hope this helps a little...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Until you really go outa control modding I wouldn't get a boost controller. Honestly, you don;t really need one at all on our cars. The stock ECU is better than most of them. Stick with the Cobb until you need a pro tune. I would watch your boost though on the stock block otherwise your going to start throwing some rods or melting the tips off the plugs. Data log, data log, and data log. I'd consider anything over 26 PSI on the stock block sketchy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.