Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has experienced this and can help me out with this problem I am having. I live in Calgary, and recently my ACD pump broke because of the cold weather, I took my car into Platinum to get it replaced because it is still under warranty. After they replaced the pump, he tried to connect to the ACD ECU to clear the codes but for some reason it locked him out and didn't let him read anything off the ECU and it wouldn't recognize the VIN... He tried for a couple hours to communicate with the ECU but still nothing, he told me it was probably because of my Cobb AP but I knew a couple people that replaced their pump and had a Cobb AP and they were able to clear the codes just fine at Platinum. The tech called the Mitsu hotline and Mitsu told him that I would need to get a new ACD ECU. That part is going to cost me about $1500.00 with labor, I'm wondering if anyone knows any other solution to this other than me having to drop $1500.00. I will, if I have to but I want to see if there are other alternatives before. I found a couple used ECUs on ebay for about $80.00 but I was told that they are VIN specific so it won't work on my car, does anyone else know anything about that or can I just buy it and try and clear it? Any insight on my problem would be appreciated!
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has experienced this and can help me out with this problem I am having. I live in Calgary, and recently my ACD pump broke because of the cold weather, I took my car into Platinum to get it replaced because it is still under warranty. After they replaced the pump, he tried to connect to the ACD ECU to clear the codes but for some reason it locked him out and didn't let him read anything off the ECU and it wouldn't recognize the VIN... He tried for a couple hours to communicate with the ECU but still nothing, he told me it was probably because of my Cobb AP but I knew a couple people that replaced their pump and had a Cobb AP and they were able to clear the codes just fine at Platinum. The tech called the Mitsu hotline and Mitsu told him that I would need to get a new ACD ECU. That part is going to cost me about $1500.00 with labor, I'm wondering if anyone knows any other solution to this other than me having to drop $1500.00. I will, if I have to but I want to see if there are other alternatives before. I found a couple used ECUs on ebay for about $80.00 but I was told that they are VIN specific so it won't work on my car, does anyone else know anything about that or can I just buy it and try and clear it? Any insight on my problem would be appreciated!
Thanks.
Cobb and ECUFlash don't touch the ACD ECU in anyway.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
^Yes, most likely not tune related.

Can you get some of these codes?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
i wasnt able to because when i plugged in the AP it didnt read it but its the same error codes as when i had the pump fail which was the ASC off light and the service light
They need to run the Mut3 calibration program if the SAWC Ecu was replaced or disconnected or if the steering angle sensor was removed. Chet had a similar problem where the steering angle sensor was bad or reporting a bad angle (not calibrated) and the lights kept flashing.

Don't let them try to blame the tune. Do they have Mut3?

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
i have a ACD ECU in perfect condition in shelf for a X GSR.

I took it out because i did upgraded teh ECU. Nothing is wrong with it,

PM me if you are interested.

Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Leutor - dealer didn't install the AP but I purchased it from them

@discogodfather - i am not sure if they have Mut3 but i will ask them tmr

@Robevo - thats exactly what im looking for but im not sure if u can just swap the acd ecu... apparently and this i quoted from the tech that worked on my car is that "the acd ecu is VIN specific so you can't use another acd ecu from another car because the VIN wont match and will not communicate"

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
@Leutor - dealer didn't install the AP but I purchased it from them

@discogodfather - i am not sure if they have Mut3 but i will ask them tmr

@Robevo - thats exactly what im looking for but im not sure if u can just swap the acd ecu... apparently and this i quoted from the tech that worked on my car is that "the acd ecu is VIN specific so you can't use another acd ecu from another car because the VIN wont match and will not communicate"
i can give you my ECU too LOL
i have both on shelf...

In my car all ECU is changed .

But when you get a new ACD ECU that will not work ? Or Mitsubishi will make just one for your car specifically?
They need to match the two ECU then. It should be a simple dealer flash. Other wise how they will install the other new ECU?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.