Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have pics of these on their Evo? i've seen a bunch of RS pics and just wanted to see how flush these sit because they seem to have a slightly different curvature than the RS.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trust me, i try to google everything before posting. doing that kind of search brings up any pic associated with threads that even mention RZ (my avatar shows up among the images). most of the ones that show up are RS anyway and the angles aren't very helpful.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gunmetal and those tires are 265/35R18 NT05's.
Sorry for asking dumb questions (I never paid attention to things like tire size and offset before) but is 265 almost too small for 10s? I'm trying to see what "stretch" looks like because I plan on putting the OEM 245s on 9s and I'm guessing that would look similar to your setup.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
If you're doing it for looks, 9 is ever so slightly sunk. If you're conservative, it is perfect fitment. If you want herrafrush whatsoever, you must go 10. I don't advise spacers on the 9.0's.

Now as far as the track goes, these aren't even a good choice for track wheels. I hit a raised apron on my Enkei RPF1's and it slightly rashed the outer lip. The Enkei RPF1's are 18x9.5 +15 and probably half a pound lighter per wheel than my 18x9.0 +25 Advans. If I was on the Advans and kept hitting those aprons and saw the outer lip rash, I would shit and puke right there on the spot, at the same exact time. On the Enkeis I just shrugged it off, eh they're cheap track wheels.

Food for thought.

(oh and the RZ's are the second most beautiful wheels to ever grace an Evo X, second only to Volk CE28n, and that's not my opinion it is pure fact :rock:)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if you were wider than 245 would that eliminate scraping? that's why i'm leaning toward 9" because with the wheel curvature the 10" stick out a little too much for me.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think for 9.0. The offset should be -20 at minimum. That is still a more narrow track that the stock wheels with a 20 mm spacer.

Really I would just go with 10 inch -25 . Looks good, allows you to use275s which gets you back to stock tire diameter, with -1.3 rear camber or so, no or little fender work needed and cost is not much of an issue.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts