Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys about get some coilovers put on my 08 EVO Mr and was wondering if any one had some advice or insight on these I'm trying to go the less expensive route but still decent product they are (Megan racing damper kits-street series Mitsubishi EVO 08+) thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
the general consenus is going cheap = springs only
if you want coilovers, spend the $2-3k and get quality

·
Premium Member
5,287 Posts
the general consenus is going cheap = springs only
if you want coilovers, spend the $2-3k and get quality
this x112039120312984

If you're not looking to spend a couple thousand on a good, quality coil over, you're only going to make performance and ride quality worse. Just get a set of springs.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yeah, the cheap popular brands are well known for being cheap, not good. You've heard of BC and Megan because more people can afford them, and if you are going just for looks for your little project Civic or something then yeah, go ahead, but they're not meant to be serious performance parts.

That said, you don't have to go crazy with KW's or Ohlins or anything (unless you're going pro). Check out Stance's lineup. They probably have something that will suit you.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
GTWorx Springs. Only performance based spring and tons better than those cheap coilovers. I've lived with both (not just driven for 5minutes) - the BC's are just stiff and valving is a mess. I tried to think "because race car", but it's not.

check out my sig for more info. You don't need to spend 3k+ for higher-end coils just for looks or a handling upgrade. most people won't utilize the potential of high-end coils

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
I think coils are a bit of a waste unless your stancing or heavy tracking. I'm running a pw jdm front strut, cusco rear strut, whiteline RSB/RCK/Anti-roll kit, and swift sport springs. Its been perfect so far and very good at the track. Adding the rest of the whiteline goodies soon and will report more then.

Easiest fix=good tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.