Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm lost. I've got the thing wired correctly, and the sensor is plugged into the port directly over the oil filter, where it's recommended to plug in. But for some reason it constantly reads 130 psi, never changes. What did I do wrong?

Also I searched for hours to find an answer and can't find one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do have much electrical experience?

I'm pretty sure the AEM pressure sensors generate a 0-5V output, so you should be able to hook a voltmeter to the output signal and see what the sensor is sending. That will let you narrow it down to a bad sensor or a bad gauge.

If you want to get fancy you could hook a variable voltage power supply to the gauge and test it with various inputs to make sure it reads correctly.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually have alot of electrical experience. Mostly housing but the concept is the same. I'm no expert but I know how to wire things. I know the wiring is fine because I set up a bridge for easy connecting gauges. The bridge has constant power, switched power, illumination power all hooked up with fuse taps and a ground connected to the frame. I have three gauges hooked up all AEM. UEGO, boost and oil pressure. The boost and UEGO gauges work great. So it's not the wiring for sure. Also, I got the gauges from MAP. Very good company. So my next best guess would be that it's the sensor. I'll have to take it out and test it next time I change the oil. I'll call Chris at MAP and see what I can do.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have it run from the sensor through my firewall and it's neatly coiled up under the dash. You'd think it was professionally done. Actually I redid the wiring on a buddies Evo yesterday and it looks better than professionally done. The mess Jorge made from JMS was like a tangled up ball of mating snakes. It was horrid. He's now running the same setup I have. It costs 20 bucks in parts if you already have a solder iron and some heat shrink and connectors and of course the other necessary tools ie Phillips screwdriver and wire cutter/stripper. It's definitely a much cleaner way to run gauges.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts