Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im trading the SSS wing (which is ssupposed to be somewhat functional) for the Do-luck. Im trying to unrice my car here....but the shit of it is I track that slut like......well a slut. What can I do for aero that ACTUALLY puts in work. Im look for good functional splitters and Im curious about what the Doluck can do on the track. VG? Does that shit actually work or is it just a Jersey blow out for cars. I dont give two fucks how it looks, as long as it works. That said I drive the car everyday and I dont want a parkbench looking back at me while I scan for our boys in blue. Im pretty low drag on engine and shit, but areo leaves me dead behind the eyes. A little help.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Difflow is supposed to be making a rear diffuser for our car sometime in the next few months. It WILL be function over form and affordable too, something to look forward to.

So far it has been proven that buying one of those VG things for the roof doesnt give any benefit at all - there was some thread out there that proves it by taping pieces of string to the rear window and watching them fly around before and after the VG was installed. So, yeah dont buy one if you're looking for function.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cant have rice. Good deal. I get sucked in like everyone else. If it doesnt make your car faster its rice. No VG then. How does the DOluck hold up. I know at hard turns over 80mph the back gets squirrely.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your trying to unrice your car by putting a Do-luck trunk on? Lol
Well I got the SSS now..... So....yes? Or am I confused again. Boys I drink a lot. Help me out.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
If you love to track then whats going to perform should matter most not so much the look. Alot of guys go with the high rise spoilers but if you think the sss wing is too much than that wont suit you either. I think the Do Lucks are for just show. Get yourself some canards and a nice apr splitter, keep the sss spoiler and call it a day! But hey you know the saying bro its your car do what you like not others lol

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fuck that. I dont care what "your car your money" says. Im just trying to find the right setup that doesnt make we look like a wanker on the way to work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Difflow is supposed to be making a rear diffuser for our car sometime in the next few months. It WILL be function over form and affordable too, something to look forward to.

So far it has been proven that buying one of those VG things for the roof doesnt give any benefit at all - there was some thread out there that proves it by taping pieces of string to the rear window and watching them fly around before and after the VG was installed. So, yeah dont buy one if you're looking for function.
Where is this proven that VGs provide no benefit? RVs use them, race cars use them, airplanes use them (slightly different application of course), and there's various articles that discuss them.

Is the rear window on a X depressed at a lesser angle than a IX or VIII thus the effect gained is minimal? Just curious why the assumption that they don't work.

Aerodynamics are weird. See: Golf balls.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where is this proven that VGs provide no benefit? RVs use them, race cars use them, airplanes use them (slightly different application of course), and there's various articles that discuss them.

Is the rear window on a X depressed at a lesser angle than a IX or VIII thus the effect gained is minimal? Just curious why the assumption that they don't work.

Golf balls are fucking nuts. I am this forums beacon against rice. I CAN NOT sacrifice all the women and glory that comes with keeping evos kosher.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts

i think the ridges on the roof in combination with the reshaped rear wing make the vortexes without need of the vortex generators. adding them would probably just disrupt the setup.
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/corporate/about_us/technology/review/e/pdf/2008/20e_08.pdf

·
Registered
888 Posts
well sad thing is, for you at least, that in order to get the perfect aero set up for the track....youre going to have a big wing. you could always just buy a big wing and then plug the holes when youre not at the track although id never put holes in a original do luck...unless of course my wing was permanent

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
Your trying to unrice your car by putting a Do-luck trunk on? Lol
:+1: Seems ricey putting a part on for looks not function. But I do understand that your average joe thinks rice whenever he sees a spoiler. Who cares what the average joe thinks though.

VG's on the VIII/IX were there to compensate for a flaw in the aerodynamic design of the car. The X, aerodynamically speaking, is a better design and doesn't see any benifit with the use of VGs.

There is a lot of info out there on it, it's just burried and you find it reading about this stuff for 4 years.

·
Registered
82 Posts
:+1: Seems ricey putting a part on for looks not function. But I do understand that your average joe thinks rice whenever he sees a spoiler. Who cares what the average joe thinks though.
Actually I can tell you 100% that the "average joe" honestly doesnt give a flying fuck at all, OR sees a wing and thinks "woah! sports car!".

Its only "enthusiasts" that have decided to impose on themselves some idiotic standard where legitimately aerodynamic parts are now in question because some ass wipe bolts one onto a 1981 Civic.

Does anyone think that Ferrari F40 drivers worried about the wing? Yeah... not so much.

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
Front
Voltex front bumper + canards + splitter

Rear
Aeromotions / Kognition wing + stock trunk

Chassis mount wings are the shit, but nobody makes one for the X yet. I have been searching for a while now with no luck. Kognition is willing to make one if they have a car to prototype with.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.