Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 2014 evo x gsr, it came running with E85 and I bought a Cobb access port, I decided to try and install a tune but the secondary flash failed. The access port went into recovery mode and had to uninstall, so I thought it deleted my current map I was running and filled it up with 93, then the car started running bad and I found out it doesn’t delete the tune because I was pushing 25+psi boost. So after the tank was empty I filled it back up with E85 and now the AFR gauge bounces like crazy going from 10-18+, and it runs rich when I do a pull but as soon as I let off it leans out completely. When I’m building a lot of boost the turbo gets really loud and feels like the engine is choking on it kinda. The car has a full exhaust, intercooler, intercooler pipes, big turbo, injectors, boost controller, ams intake, and I believe a fuel pump. I’m new at this performance stuff but I am a Kia certified tech, so I know how to work on them just not the performance part lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Why did you try and use an accessport on an already tuned car? If it isn’t a flex fuel tune and you put 93 in it, you could easily destroy your engine. I’d flush the 93 out of the system if you already haven’t done so. Get a tactrix openport 2.0 and run data logs. Return the accessport as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah what he said, I feel like you just fucked the motor up if anything already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts