Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, i already apologize for the wall text but i don't want to miss any detail. I hope someone can help me.

I just performed a complete teach-in on my Evo X MR 2009 (Europe) 47k miles because i think it has never been done and the car sometimes was driving with only 2nd-4th-6th gear.

First thing, I flashed the ECU with a new version (via PassThru CAN).
I had 8631A379 (and S/W 0C) and i flashed 8631A827 (and S/W 0B) with 100% succes.
After that i could finally access the PassThru CAN Teach-in.
I did 1 -> 2 -> ignite off -> 7 -> 4 -> 5 -> 8.
I had to retry some procedure more than once in order to have a Normal End, but i always got it.
All without issues. I don't know if it was placebo but a lot of little strange noises went away.

I didn't flashed back my old ECU, was i wrong?

I went for a run and the car suddenly showed a problem: the display turned yellow and i couldn't accelerate (it wouldn't rev). I stopped and restarted and it went perfectly for a while, but this scenario happened 3 times. After that i got home (15 mins run) without any problem.
The oil i drained from the SST was different from the oil i refilled with (red oil drained, filled with Castrol Transmax Dual that is basically the Diaqueen).

I hope the problem was that the fluids were still mixing up and so the valves were acting strange because of the different (non homogeneous) density and viscosity of the fluid. Maybe now it will be better but I plan to change again the SST oil in order to have the purest oil possible. All the other oils are changed so the car should be good. I don't know if it was placebo but the car was running way better and was no longer making strange little noises.

I just run an evoscan and I found:
U0101 TC-SST ECU temporary CAN timeout;
U0141 ETACS temporary CAN timeout;
P1590 TCM to ECM communication error in torque reduction request.

I didn't find the old codes i got when the car was "skipping" 1st-3rd-5th gear.

I searched and looked like someone had the P1590 problem caused to a loosen wire that run from the battery to the transmission, or it could be linked to the car being badly remapped (without touching the SST) so the SST disengage in order to protect itself from damage.

The car has been remapped, and since it had the wrong SST oil, i am 99% sure that the man who worked on it didn't correct the SST map (here in Italy 99.9% of shops can't work on this car).

Does anyone have experience with this code?
Is it safe to go back to stock map? Where can i find a stock map for a 2008/2009 Lancer Evo X MR?

I thank anyone who has read the entire post.

EDIT: i never drove hard the car (like full throttle) when the problem showed up.
EDIT2: you can read about my other problem on the here

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I'm trying to read my ROMid with ECUFlash, but i can't.
I've read and tried but i still can't.
I selected my car on the settings, i tried with ECUFlash Ecu Unlocker running in the background, i tried switching the car on the "ON" position only after pressing the read and before the ok. But nothing is working.

Can someone help me?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still facing the same problem, and still couldn't read my ROM.
Also, i tried to let the car idle, i removed the MAF sensor and the car didn't die but kept going at lower rpms. Shouldn't a car die when you remove the MAF sensor if it is working properly? Could the MAF sensor be the problem showed in the video?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Update: I'm trying to read my ROMid with ECUFlash, but i can't.
I've read and tried but i still can't.
I selected my car on the settings, i tried with ECUFlash Ecu Unlocker running in the background, i tried switching the car on the "ON" position only after pressing the read and before the ok. But nothing is working.

Can someone help me?
Try to launch ecuflash, open a Rom that you have already downloaded from the web and then press the "read" button. Of course you should connect your tactrix and have the key to on position, without the engine on, first. I don't believe your problem is the maf sensor though. I believe that is something related with your SST.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts