Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Cunning Linguist
12,473 Posts
No way. Those are the epitome of rice. If you absolutely need to change the headlights you can black them out or do a retrofit, but don't do that stuff.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
This is what i hate about the evo, lack of headlight options. I have a gsr, non sss. Looked at a couple retrofit kits and i dont want to take the chance of fucking something up. All the aftermarket lights have the rice halo rings and these stupid audi led strips.

This is the closest thing that i could find to my liking...

http://www.dashzracing.com/08-11-Mi...ector-Headlights-Black-Halogen-Type-Only.html

If i choose to buy these, ill disconnect the led and halo rings.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
This is what i hate about the evo, lack of headlight options. I have a gsr, non sss. Looked at a couple retrofit kits and i dont want to take the chance of fucking something up. All the aftermarket lights have the rice halo rings and these stupid audi led strips.

This is the closest thing that i could find to my liking...

http://www.dashzracing.com/08-11-Mi...ector-Headlights-Black-Halogen-Type-Only.html

If i choose to buy these, ill disconnect the led and halo rings.
Those at ugly. I think it's the orange reflector maybe

·
Registered
1,626 Posts

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Why pay that much for the shitty base headlights? You can open them, spray them, and seal them for far cheaper. Not only that but it's easy as hell to do

·
Registered
454 Posts
i used to have an 03 eclipse that had halo projector headlights, they sucked for lighting up the road, and you could not even see the halo once you actually tuned on the normal headlights. sure they halo looked cool for the 2 hours of dusk driving, but after that you can't even tell they exist.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
dont get the hids from them, go to ddm tuning and get each kit for $40, thats what i did, im going 6000k for both low beam and fogs. i dont put hids in my high beams for the reason that it takes a couple secs for the hids to warm up. If im on highway and i need my highbeams and switch, that means ill go without light for a few seconds.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.