Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a cursory search, I cant seem to find any data or reviews on corrosion resistance of any after market rotors. I saw a used pair of girodisc that looked pretty rusty so Im wondering if any of you have had any good experiences with any specific rotors in terms rust resistance in snow laden areas.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Don`t know about aftermarket...but even the stock ones are no good at resisting rust. I just wash the car, and by the time I get it dry, the rotors are rusted.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Don`t know about aftermarket...but even the stock ones are no good at resisting rust. I just wash the car, and by the time I get it dry, the rotors are rusted.
Thats normal and will go away after a minute of driving.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Rotors are made of cast iron.. yes it will rust but not cause any damage. Its just the way they are.. like said above whe u wash ur car it get all rusty almost immediately. a little driving and braking will take it right away.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
its just a light surface rust as everyone is saying will go away right after you apply the brakes. The only rotors where you wont get this are carbon ceramic, but 1 there are no applications for the Evo with these lol and 2 they would be anywhere from $2,500-$5,000 a rotor (assuming since the ZR1 is a $20,000 brake job if new rotors are needed)

Anyway I wouldn't worry about this. Get some slotted rotors and they will clean your pads as you brake if you are worried about the rust ruining your pads

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, I guess it's more of a cosmetic thing than anything else. Although we must agree it is quite unsightly :/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts