Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What aftermarket 10" subs will fit in the stock location of the rockford fosgate punch box, if so, does it really make much of a difference using the same amp? Would you be able to notice it? I was looking at some cheap Pioneer and Sorny at Wal-Mart and was wondering for a cheap aftermarket solution to the lack of bass the stock system is plagued with. Thanks.......

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Fighting a losing battle here, you need a different enclosure/box, different better, bigger cone woofer, at least a 12 IMO, more power/bigger amp. There is alot of sound blocking going on in the evo trunk due to the back seat and how the rear deck is built, takes quite a bit to increase output to where you would notice a difference.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
very yum... too bad no trunk space... you need a fold down seat mod like my car! :yay:

seriously i love the box tho. Sick looking.
Fold down seat mod? tell me more lol

Damn that looks sick! how much did it all weigh???
Around 100 lbs everything, I could use that box as a jack for my truck, over 5/8 thick solid fiberglass.

·
Banned
3,990 Posts
Fold down seat mod? tell me more lol

Around 100 lbs everything, I could use that box as a jack for my truck, over 5/8 thick solid fiberglass.
just my sweet x turbo powered RA with fold down back seats haha! Only pushing 350whp though... A little off topic but I've gotta figure out something to cover my rear battery box that i relocated to the trunk. Maybe a carpeted box over top or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.