Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own one of these? I bought one a few months back, just now getting around to installing. I'm a bit confused as to how in properly install, and cannot find installed pictures anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the one that connects to the PCV valve. I followed the install instructions that they have on their website, which included pictures. Let me know if you can't find the install instructions and I could take a picture.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the one that connects to the PCV valve. I followed the install instructions that they have on their website, which included pictures. Let me know if you can't find the install instructions and I could take a picture.
I must be blind, because I cannot find any instructions on their website...can you send me the link? thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry, I went and looked and couldn't find on their website either. They were included in the box (which I kept for some reason).

The instructions are:

1. Remove the engine cover and the vacuum line that attaches to the PCV on the valve cover. This port will be connected to the middle chamber of the oil accumulator with the 3/8" vacuum hose and supplied clamps.
2. Remove the other end of the factory vaccum line from the intake manifold. This port will be connected to the top chamber of the oil accumulator with the supplied vacuum line, hard line, elbow and clamps.
3. Attach the 3/8" vacuum line and 1/2" vacuum line to the accumulator after verifying the drain plug is tight. Mount the accumulator to the core support on the edge of the passenger side using the supplied screw.
4. Attach the 90 degree silicone elbow to the intank manifold port with the shorter leg facing the intake manifold. Use the supplied clamps and attach the hard line to the silicone elbow.
5. Connect the 1/2" vacuum line from the top chamber of the accumulator to the supplied hard line using the supplied clamps. The middle chamber will be routed with the supplied hose to the PCV at the valve cover.
6. Rotate the accumulator so that it does not touch any other components in the engine bay. Tighten mount bolt. Make certain that the hoses are not kinked. The proper vacuum routing will allow the engine cover to fit back over the valve cover.

I also attached a pic with it installed - it took less than 30 minutes start to finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I went and looked and couldn't find on their website either. They were included in the box (which I kept for some reason).

The instructions are:

1. Remove the engine cover and the vacuum line that attaches to the PCV on the valve cover. This port will be connected to the middle chamber of the oil accumulator with the 3/8" vacuum hose and supplied clamps.
2. Remove the other end of the factory vaccum line from the intake manifold. This port will be connected to the top chamber of the oil accumulator with the supplied vacuum line, hard line, elbow and clamps.
3. Attach the 3/8" vacuum line and 1/2" vacuum line to the accumulator after verifying the drain plug is tight. Mount the accumulator to the core support on the edge of the passenger side using the supplied screw.
4. Attach the 90 degree silicone elbow to the intank manifold port with the shorter leg facing the intake manifold. Use the supplied clamps and attach the hard line to the silicone elbow.
5. Connect the 1/2" vacuum line from the top chamber of the accumulator to the supplied hard line using the supplied clamps. The middle chamber will be routed with the supplied hose to the PCV at the valve cover.
6. Rotate the accumulator so that it does not touch any other components in the engine bay. Tighten mount bolt. Make certain that the hoses are not kinked. The proper vacuum routing will allow the engine cover to fit back over the valve cover.

I also attached a pic with it installed - it took less than 30 minutes start to finish.
AWESOME. I really appreciate it, this is perfect.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem - it's not very often that someone asks a question that I know the answer to....
I hear ya. I have yet to answer a thing. Got it installed, how often are you draining? have a track day tomorrow, guess I'll see how much it fills. But what about daily driving?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I drain it each time I change the oil. I change the oil before each track event, so it works out to be every 2000 miles or so. So far I haven't gotten more than a couple of tablespoons of fluid out, but it is nasty looking stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts