Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
[E-Tuner]
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone knows how to shut off the airbag lights if you remove the stock seats or an airbag (3.3 ohm 1w resistor), but how do I shut off the airbag light from removing the passenger seat, which has the weight sensors.

There is no way for me to remove the weight sensors, and I tried just plugging the weight sensor control box, and that shuts off the airbag light for a second then it goes back on.

So does anyone know a way of shutting it off?

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
guh good question....

I'm getting Brides next year and will keep this in mind.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I'm thinking of a solution for this. I removed the weight sensors and "sensor brain" but I'm thinking of a way to mount these sensors to allow for the load to be transferred onto it. There were provisions on the stock rail for these so that it gets sandwiched. Not so much with the buddy club rails.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking of a solution for this. I removed the weight sensors and "sensor brain" but I'm thinking of a way to mount these sensors to allow for the load to be transferred onto it. There were provisions on the stock rail for these so that it gets sandwiched. Not so much with the buddy club rails.
That doesnt work, I already tried

·
[E-Tuner]
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the passenger seat removed. All the sensors plugged in with resistor to the airbag light and no light. Haven't put the seat back in as I'm thinking of a way to set it up so that the weight sensors are functional
Right, but once they are taken out of the seat rail they will trigger the light

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.